[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Vanishing Missiles Bug

Vanishing Missiles Bug

Command a squadron of spaceships

Vanishing Missiles Bug

Postby Skragarak » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:07 pm

I've noticed in very large battles (100+ ships) sometimes missiles I select to fire simply disappear the next turn; it's not unusual in battles like this for me to select 4 missiles to fire, only to see just 1 being fired next turn. I don't think they are invisible either - they simply vanish, along with the ammo LOL.

I'm guessing it's because the game can't handle such a large number of ships at once - but one of the main reasons why I play this game is for the huge battles. Is there any way to fix this? Perhaps with a patch, or is there some setting on my PC I could change?
Skragarak

Postby Old Man Johnson » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:58 am

I think this is a limitation of the game, unfortunately, and, as far as I know, there currently isn't a way to fix it.
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Fusion_power » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:12 am

I brought this up to Sean quite some time ago and I believe he made some adjustments. There is still a problem and it is based on the number of objects the program can manage at one time. If there are 100 ships on the screen, there could be 400 missiles. That is stretching it in terms of processor and memory capacity.

DarJones
Fusion_power

Return to Critical Mass