Mod Question - Changing cost?

Real time World War II combat simulation
Knut

Mod Question - Changing cost?

Post by Knut » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:44 pm

I've been doing some basic modding, mostly to correct errors, such as the Cromwell IV having a standard 75mm gun like on the Sherman, not the 17lb gun provided.

However, I just created my first 'new' tank, a Sherman equipped with a long 76mm gun instead of the standard 75mm gun. This was first used by American forces in the 3rd Quarter of 1944, and by 1945 half of all US Shermans in Europe had the long 76mm. To do this I changed the following:

Change name to M4A3 (76)
Add 1 more MG (in hull)
Change shell to 75_L48 (this one has closest performance historically to 76mm)
Increase # of commoness steadily from 3Q 1944 to equal commoness of all other shermans combined by 2Q 1945.
For Graphic use the Sherman Firefly.

My question is how to change the credit value? It should be a couple points higher than the other Shermans, but keeps coming up as the same or less than some others.

Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:45 pm

The points cost of any FF unit is calculated according to rules hardcoded into the programme. If you think a particular tank is priced incorrectly, that's because the system, after considering its main armament, armour, speed etc etc, disagrees with you.

The only characteristic you can easily manipulate to change the purchase points value is ammo quantity (I think - works with infantry, I haven't tried it with AFVs).

Note also that AFV points values change according to the date. They get cheaper the longer they've been in service.

Andy (NZ)

Knut

Post by Knut » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:05 am

Thanks for that, Andy. I see now that my new 76mm Shermans do cost a point or two more in most scenarios.

Is there a place where I can compare gun performances for all guns, including those in tanks? The guns txt files state some in the description, but not for all. I can't see any listing of the tank guns or shells etc. for most. It would be very handy as I plan to mod up various unrepresented AFVs.

edit: Nevermind, I found it in the help files. I also changed my 76mm Sherman's gun to the 76mm M1A1 type. The tank as modded works nice and gives my late war shermans some added punch against those german heavies.

hardfighter

Post by hardfighter » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:12 pm

this must sound really stupid, but where are the help files? i have spent a while trying to find them.
Thanks.

Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:35 am

Run the Game. Right hand option on the Command Bar at the top of the screen, labelled "Help". They're not all that comprehensive but the basics are there.

Cheers,

Andy Brown

M4A3 (76) W

Re: Mod Question - Changing cost?

Post by M4A3 (76) W » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:40 am

Knut wrote:I've been doing some basic modding, mostly to correct errors, such as the Cromwell IV having a standard 75mm gun like on the Sherman, not the 17lb gun provided.

However, I just created my first 'new' tank, a Sherman equipped with a long 76mm gun instead of the standard 75mm gun. This was first used by American forces in the 3rd Quarter of 1944, and by 1945 half of all US Shermans in Europe had the long 76mm. To do this I changed the following:

Change name to M4A3 (76)
Add 1 more MG (in hull)
Change shell to 75_L48 (this one has closest performance historically to 76mm)
Increase # of commoness steadily from 3Q 1944 to equal commoness of all other shermans combined by 2Q 1945.
For Graphic use the Sherman Firefly.

My question is how to change the credit value? It should be a couple points higher than the other Shermans, but keeps coming up as the same or less than some others.

My favorite Tank! :D (Note my profile name)

I also like the M4A3 (76) W HVSS
Sherman to Tiger Ratio

4:1