Server problems

Conquer the island
manicman

Server problems

Post by manicman » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:50 pm

For some reason, the game often freezes up when playing on the permanent server, and then you have to restart. Can this be fixed?

manicman

Post by manicman » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:38 am

Okay, I payed money for this game and the server is often down, and even when it isn't it sometimes doesn't work. If the server isn't fixed I demand a refund.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:11 pm

manicman wrote:Okay, I payed money for this game and the server is often down, and even when it isn't it sometimes doesn't work. If the server isn't fixed I demand a refund.

Check your version number and router settings.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

manicman

Post by manicman » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:27 pm

I have version number five.
And I know that my router is bad but I should still be able to use the permanent server right? Despite this, the permanent server often doesn't work. And it has been getting more often in the past few weeks.

collier

Post by collier » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:58 pm

manicman wrote:I have version number five.
And I know that my router is bad but I should still be able to use the permanent server right? Despite this, the permanent server often doesn't work. And it has been getting more often in the past few weeks.

Version 5.xx what? There are many different version 5 subversions, and you need to be using one of the most recent ones in order to avoid those crashes. Mine is 5.0r, and I never have those crashes, though I used to have them before when I was on an earlier version.

What do you mean "I know my router is bad"? What is wrong with it? If it's bad, how can you possibly expect your communication with the Internet to work correctly? If you are using the permanent Slay server, all the communication between your computer and the Slay server is still going through your router, so if you router is bad it could interfere with that communication.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:49 am

There seems to have been some problems with my ISP running scripts on the windowsgames.co.uk domain which is probably causing these problems. I've noticed that often the lobby script doesn't run and at the same time these forums won't appear and they use CGI scripts too. I'll email my ISP and see if they can shed any light on this but hopefully it's just a temporary problem and it's been fixed already.