[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Plectron Vs Yatari

Plectron Vs Yatari

Command a squadron of spaceships

43%
13%
26%
17%

Total votes : 23

Plectron Vs Yatari

Postby Steve! » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:23 pm

Steve!

Postby BoxZone_Author » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:10 pm

BoxZone_Author

Postby McLauren » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:57 am

I like the plectron the best. Its saved my rump (and killed me) more than the yatari ever will. Plectrons work like unguided rockets for me. I think they are necessary for any ship, even a fighter. It gives a fighter the ability to tango with the largest ships, and the multirole capability for attack missions. That doesnt go to say that the yatari doesnt have its place though. I find it extremely useful in situations where im being pursued by defending ships as I take out a static objective, especially turrets. I need to slap in a decisive hit form relatively long range. I cant bank on plectrons in this instance because its very hard to get and accurate acquisition before the turrets to you and fires or the bogeys behind you fire. the yatari is unmatchable in that situation.
McLauren

Postby Old Man Johnson » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:43 pm

I find Plectrons are much more useful. Yataris move too slow, turn too bad, and have too little fuel to be useful for anything but attacking static defenses or taking crippled ships. I mean, I've seen a Yatari get juked by an asteroid. Sheesh! Mostly I use them for taking down an ejected ship so my wingmates don't steal the kill, when Daycorns won't do it, and Plectrons take too long to line up.

Plectrons have major firepower and can easily detroy the strongest ships if you line up your shot right.
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby supercubedude » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:21 pm

I agree fully with Johnson

It's a lot easier for me to use the Plectron. Unless it's a static target. What idiot doesn't use yataris for static targets.

Anyhoo, If you can on the inside of an opposing ship, and unload Plecs into them, they're as good as dead since I have Critical Mass 1.0. <- best version ever :D
Don't worry! I can replace your intestines with this kitten!
supercubedude

Postby Old Man Johnson » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:18 am

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby supercubedude » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:32 pm

Yes, I agree in 1.0 the Yataris are best at piont blank, but if both craft are moving at full tilt, the yatarti is to slow to hit it, then you reach for the plecs.
Don't worry! I can replace your intestines with this kitten!
supercubedude

Postby Admiral Slim » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:36 am

Happy is that city which in times of peace thinks of war!
Admiral Slim

Postby Scuffer » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:20 pm

I like stealthy ships, and if you can judge the trajectory right, unloading 4 plectrons into the side of any AI will cripple or destroy them. Yatari's will try and home in - and then end up missing. Plectrons suit my playing style much better (v4).
________
Last edited by Scuffer on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scuffer

Postby Admiral Slim » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:27 am

I agree plectrons do a great job, but for those static targets, crippled ships, and for the wonderful moments that enemy ships all run into each other and stay still for a few moments :)

Also, with the 8 or more stealth I have on my ship, I can often come around behind a ship and they rarely ever see me. Many times these ships haven't got into the engagement full-on yet, or have slowed way down in a manouver to a point where yataris make a near perfect choice.

I like yataris, but only as a supplement to daycorns and plectrons!
Happy is that city which in times of peace thinks of war!
Admiral Slim

Postby Guanchao » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:18 am

I live, I fight, I survive, It's all good.
Guanchao

Postby Garnier » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:58 am

Garnier

Postby Old Man Johnson » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:41 am

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby umeboshi110 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:01 pm

umeboshi110

Return to Critical Mass