[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Ideas for future CM! Post yours!

Ideas for future CM! Post yours!

Command a squadron of spaceships

Postby Conzul » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:34 pm

Great ideas in the above post.

Here are some more of my own. Have dynamic systems which are changing ownership in real time. Have realtime wars and treaties which would affect many things. You could be a sort of freelancer character who could change allegiance to one of the four races. As your career unfolds, you would be allowed more powerful ships and abilities. If you maintained allegiance to a single race for a long time you could gain the right to command a capital ship, and eventually be awarded a warlordship of several systems. These systems you could develop in a civilization like style, adding factories to harvest asteroid fields, building space stations with radius-effect abilities, and set up patrol routes for ships you built at ship factories, all the while commanding from your flagship............how's that?
Beware pirates bearing gifts!
Conzul

Postby Skragarak » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:34 pm

Skragarak

Postby Malkierian » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Malkierian

Re: What I would like to see...

Postby wts » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:00 am

wts

Ideas for future CM! Post yours!

Postby leolocolobo » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:53 am

Sean, here are a few ideas that would make a great game even better!

1) Allow players to choose whatever ships they want to build their squadron with. Limit the choices to 35% of the credits.

2) More control over the squadron and the individual ships. A squadron leader would be in constant radio contact to direct the attack, drop down menus or shortcut key would be great. Commands to 'stop firing', 'proceed to a certain sector', 'turn right/left', 'proceed to the mission objective' are some ideas.

3) Shotcut keys or dropdown menus to accomplish basic acts. 'Enter' key to end turn, 'a' key to cause lead ship to accellerate to full speed, menu to select the view magnificaion.

4) Ability to select missle load depending on the mission just before the mission.
leolocolobo

Postby umeboshi110 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:18 am

well, it might be a bit against the spirit of critical mass to be able to choose the missile load for all your ships. how about some sort of expensive/heavy part that would allow such multi-role capabilities?
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
umeboshi110

Postby Legacy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:36 pm

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby Kryzon » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:18 pm

Kryzon

Postby Shiva » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:34 am

It really would be nice to have a new version of this game, I've been a fan since the beginning - a kid with no money fighting to master the demo version with one level. Please, Sean, for the love of all that is holy feed my addiction. Tell you what, I'm even going to buy the full version again just so you can get a little revenue out of this game. How does that sound? If I had a million dollars, I would pay you to make a new version of this game - not the whole million, mind you, but a decent sum nonetheless. Anyway, just ranting. I'm sure you'll some up with something great when its time. And don't worry about trying to please everybody who has posted ideas, you're the one with the vision to make this game. Not that some of the suggestions aren't great, but you get the idea. Anyway, good luck.
Shiva

my idea

Postby the space predator » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:18 pm

the space predator

Postby vic user » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:45 pm

vic user

Postby TheKangaroo » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:55 pm

TheKangaroo

Postby Legacy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:22 pm

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby vic user » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:01 am

vic user

Postby the space predator » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:01 pm

Great idea!
I need to write something, so i create that signature.
the space predator

PreviousNext

Return to Critical Mass