[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Defense...

Defense...

Real time World War II combat simulation

Defense...

Postby Legacy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:34 pm

What makes the enemy just give up when you're defending? I've played two defense missions in a row as the Aussies, and both times, the enemy had pretty much broken my line on one side or another, and had a massive swarm of infantry left, and after a few minutes of sporadic fire exchanged, I won. It was about twenty minutes in, each time.

In one instance, they'd begun scaling the objective hill, and only a my commander and one surviving HQ man were left holding it, while the enemy still had a mass to my right flank, which was completely exposed after an artillery barrage took out my gun crew and recon squad.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby The Arbiter » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:06 am

Well the thing you have to remember is that when you are attacking,you don't exactly how many enemies there are.If I killed a whole bunch of enemies-I don't know if there's a whole f*cking platoon right there to kill me on the Objective.If I took heavy casaulties already,I might think twice to go thru with a final assault or just retreat.
The Arbiter

Postby Legacy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:29 am

I always keep pushing on the offense, until no one will advance anymore... I ended up taking the objective with the survivors of my HQ squad on my first mission of this campaign, because they were the only ones left with ammo.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Return to Firefight