[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - More Helpful Download ships page

More Helpful Download ships page

Command a squadron of spaceships

More Helpful Download ships page

Postby BoxZone_Author » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:59 pm

I would like to see the ships I am about to download before I do so.
Something more like

Annoyingly I can't upload the ship "Stealth Bomber" as Bomber appears to be a restricted word :( I'll need to rename it something else.
But anyway you should get the idea.
BoxZone_Author

Postby BoxZone_Author » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:29 pm

:oops: Silly me "Stealth Bomber" has a space in it and HTML doesn't like spaces.
I've renamed it "Steath_Bomber" and it's working now.
BoxZone_Author

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:03 am

Yes, that's a great idea - but it'd be a lot more work for me! Give me a bit of time though and I'll get something like this worked out.
Sean OConnor

Postby BoxZone_Author » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:13 pm

BoxZone_Author

Postby BoxZone_Author » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:14 pm

BoxZone_Author

Postby Fusion_power » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:16 am

Fusion_power

Postby BoxZone_Author » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:35 pm

BoxZone_Author

Postby BoxZone_Author » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:40 pm

BoxZone_Author

Postby Fusion_power » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:34 am

Fusion_power

Postby Steve! » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:46 pm

I like the mote, im a big fan of tiny ships!

I've made the smallest possible, functional ship at 26 credits, i even removed the command point to make it cheaper!

A side engine, rear engine and missile launcher with 5 genees! Its great!
Steve!

Postby BoxZone_Author » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:53 pm

Steve,

You're joking surely. You must have a command point, it's enforced by the ship editor.

The cheepest combat ship is as you describe +command point. At a cost of 27 but I believe that the scanner, second turning thruster and the front shield make the ship capable of surviving the first missile and so make it worth much more than the additional 18% cost.

BZA
BoxZone_Author

Postby Steve! » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:48 pm

Heh, no you don?t have to have a command point!

I posted a bug report on it while i was beta testing, fill a side with something then shift the command point to it and the command point will disappear!

My old posts in the archives somewhere, also mentions something about u-turns, which are still possible!

Obviously Sean never read that one :)
Steve!

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:00 pm

I think a drawback of having no command centres is that if you get hit by any sort of missile you'll be killed instantly as the game will check to see if you've got any commands left and find none. I'll probably fix this in the next release though! Remind me about the U-turn bug again though...
Sean OConnor

Postby Steve! » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:06 pm

Yep, without command points you die first missile hit, but then the ships got 3 components! So it would happen anyway, command point or not!

And yes, the extra armour and engine is probably very worthwhile, but i only built the ship for the humour value really!

If you grab the arrow and move your cursor toward the centre of the ship and wiggle it around a bit, you should be able to turn it into a u-turn. I've only been able to get this to work when flying exactly horizontally or vertically.
Steve!

Postby BoxZone_Author » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:46 pm

BoxZone_Author

Next

Return to Critical Mass