What are the chances of getting a dedicated server

A boardgame of world domination
P00PDOG

What are the chances of getting a dedicated server

Post by P00PDOG » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:59 am

What are the chances of getting a dedicated server as part of the program (feature request) or additional software. You would have a bunch more people playing if there were more dedicated servers. Instead of you having to host extra games it could be supported by the Conquest community. The thing is most of us are busy and just want to hop in a game as quick as possible but end up waiting while trying to host or waiting for a game to finish in the one server available. I will personally host a dedicated server, even if if I have to setup a server @ my work (20mbs fiber to the internet) [/code]

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:06 pm

A problem at the moment is that you can't play yourself on the same computer that a permanent server is running on. One day I'll get round to fixing this and I could also make it so that a single server could host several games simultaneously. If you've got a spare computer though let me know.

mitype2

Post by mitype2 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:18 pm

I will have another spare in the not too distant future. I normally run Linux on my spare systems but I could always install Windows XP Pro.

P00PDOG

Post by P00PDOG » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:29 am

Sean O'Connor wrote:A problem at the moment is that you can't play yourself on the same computer that a permanent server is running on. One day I'll get round to fixing this and I could also make it so that a single server could host several games simultaneously. If you've got a spare computer though let me know.

Sean I have a server @ home (server 2003) I would be more than interested in hosting a dedicated server. I had emailed you with this very same request. I don't know how much traffic a game creates but we could at least try. If I could just start a game and not have to participate, I would have a server running already.