Multiplayer Ideas

Command a squadron of spaceships
clOWN

Multiplayer Ideas

Post by clOWN » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:46 pm

I would like to start a discussion about what kind of squad setup's will be in the networking. Since i'm a co-op buff i would like to know if we can do some co-op with each person being a unit in the squad. if there is 2 players then the first player gets 4 units to pick (1 guy for himself and 3 wingmates) and the other gets 3. and maybe making it up to 7 players where each person only gets to spend a 7th of their total squad's money. maybe to balance this out so everyone is not using a drone XD they can all have seprate money for how well they are doing and if they are dieing constantly (like gaining less money per completed mission if their commander/ship died). This is mostly just to ask if it can be done and if Sean wants to add any kind of coop to the network play if he adds multiplayer.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:44 pm

I always thought that if he were to do co-op, it should be run pretty much like a regular mission. Get a set amount of currency to match the difficulty of the opposition force, and use those credits to buy ships for each player in the game. The person hosting the game would be the leader and choose how to divide the resources.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!