[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Help On staying alive?

Help On staying alive?

Command a squadron of spaceships

Help On staying alive?

Postby clOWN » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:44 pm

clOWN

Postby TheKangaroo » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:07 pm

Hello, welcome aboard.
First things first: the number one death reason is greed. If you have the choice of either evading that pesky little fellow pulling up behind you or following and taking a shot at the ship in front of you, we are all likely to choose the latter option, which - after a few repetitions - gets us killed. So, well, yea, the basic advice here is that whenever you catch yourself thinking about whether anything is going to kill you or not, better assume it will!

Concerning stealth: as far as I know that only affects ship radar, so a stealth ship is as susceptible to missiles as any other as soon as the missiles are on the way.

Concerning special wingman ships: if you have the feeling they generally are kill stealing teamkillers, it might be a good idea to build special ships for them. I haven't done that, but my advice would be to mount a lot of sensors on them, so they'll be of maximum help whenever you are looking for any single runaway shuttles or such.
TheKangaroo

Postby clOWN » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:17 pm

I've gotten better at mid cost ships at the beginning (a bit below 100) and also i just discovered the amazingness of multiple repair kits @_@. i mostly like the cheaper ships so i can spam with more ships than have only a couple of strong yet unlucky wing mates. i'm starting to understand why the fast ships are more usefull the better you are because, i usually got hit a lot trying to chase that pesky mid-high cost enemy ship instead of just planning out some speed based dodges and tracking. I guess I'm a bit greedy when it comes to kills XD.
clOWN

Postby Legacy » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:41 pm

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Return to Critical Mass