Suggestions for the next version of Slay

Conquer the island
Arius

Post by Arius » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:05 pm

I have a few ideas.

1. On larger maps, it gets really tedious to have to move your man to capture each new hexagons. So how about having hotkeys so that pressing one selects the nearest knight, baron, spearman, or peasant (one that can still move of course). This way, you don't have to click back and forth when you have a lot of men.

2. This you might not like, but I never liked how you can just save up a little, and then on the next turn go medieval by unleashing 20+ peasants on an unsuspecting enemy. How about you don't get to buy anything until after u finished attacking. This way, when looking at a territory and its men, you know how much damage they could possibly do i.e. they have one knight, so they can't penetrate through my castles immediately.

IainD

Limited movement distance

Post by IainD » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:26 pm

One thing I would love to see is an option to restrict how many hexes a unit can move. This would mainly affect the end game where players have large territories and can currently move all their units from one side to another.

At the basic level, the option would restrict units from moving more than x hexes in a turn, e.g. 3 or 5

A more complicated option would be different limits by unit type, eg a Baron might move slower than a peasant.

Thanks for a great game - I've played it in and off for many years, and now expect to loses whatever spare time I had with the iPhone version when its live in the Apps Store!!

Iain

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:18 am

why do not ad some other type of terrain, like moutain or hill?
It can be funny if we can have more than one island in one map.

CocoPuFFz

One thing I'd like to see

Post by CocoPuFFz » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:20 pm

My only frustration with the game on my iphone is on a large map you may have to to move 20 pieces from one side of the map to the other and its alot of pick-pan, pan, pan-place-pan, pan, pan-pick-pan, pan, pan-place..... etc. I would love it if there was somekind of "basket" where you can just put them all in it then pan over and start plopping them down where you want them. Even a button would be nice where any piece that is still playable you just hit a button and all remaining pieces automatically jump in.
Also I love the idea of having information on my own spaces, I find myself counting alot of times trying to see if I can afford to upgrade to knights and things like that.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:22 am

The hex texturing from the iSlay in the Windows version would be nice.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:17 am

I agree.

Elemental52

Post by Elemental52 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:17 pm

I was thinking it would throw an interesting twist in the game if Vikings were incorporated somehow (as well as the option to turn them off). Like they would randomly show up one round, attack the coast to 3 or four places in with knights, sit there for 1 turn, then all just leave. Where and who they attacked would be random, but it would def. be an interesting dynamic.

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:48 pm

Hard to doo. I'm not sure if it would be possible, or fun.

Elemental52

Post by Elemental52 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:41 pm

the space predator wrote:Hard to doo. I'm not sure if it would be possible, or fun.

Yeah, it would be a little bit of a challenge, with a random generator and a few other things...

But as for fun it would depend on the player, and the ability to turn it off would be nice... Just for the player who wants an added level of challenge.

mlkaufman

Just found Slay today. Very Happy.

Post by mlkaufman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:08 am

Sean,

Thanks for doing the new version. I hope you are making a fortune in sales.

Do you have any plans to add the themes or user islands? Islands being much more important (although, I do love the Alice and Asterix themes). For myself, I would be perfectly happy to just have all of the current user islands included in the main app. Perhaps page 7 of the maps could just be a scrolling list of all of the user islands.

What do you think?

Michael

rei_vilo

Re: Limited movement distance

Post by rei_vilo » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:09 pm

IainD wrote:At the basic level, the option would restrict units from moving more than x hexes in a turn, e.g. 3 or 5

A more complicated option would be different limits by unit type, eg a Baron might move slower than a peasant.

I fully agree with IainD. The restricted moves will bring more strategy into the game.

Anyway, congratulations for the great game :)

sliabh

Post by sliabh » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:30 pm

As a netbook owner, could I ask for future versions to have some allowace for 1024 x 600 screens. I love the game, and it has a low processor demand so the match for netbooks is almost perfect, but...

The large and very large islands don't fit verticall on smaller screens and you get some annoying drag scrolling as you play.

rei_vilo

Post by rei_vilo » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:48 pm

And a version for Mac OS X :?:

kaycedelson46

Post by kaycedelson46 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Better play with AI. LOL :D
Being stressed out and overweight may not be YOUR fault! It's true, a mysterious condition might be to blame. An estimated 70-80% are suffering from this condition, and don't even know it!

http://www.howtocurecandida.com/survey/

jebwhs87

Sorting of maps

Post by jebwhs87 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:50 am

I would like the v1 style of sorting maps by size of the maps (small to large). Sometimes I have a little time and want to do a quick game other times (like waiting at the airport) I want to do a long game. With the current 'words' instead of numbers, I don't know which are which any more.