[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - iPhone version of Conquest is now available!

iPhone version of Conquest is now available!

A boardgame of world domination

iPhone version of Conquest is now available!

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:12 pm

There's a version of Conquest available now for iPhones and iPod Touches here:

It's only got the World map in this version but I'm nearly finished on a new version that will have several maps and that'll be a free upgrade if you go ahead and buy now.

Let me know what you think!
Sean OConnor

Stuck

Postby skywalkm » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:19 am

As soon as Slay went online, I was checking for Conquest daily. First time I played it though, it got stuck on orange while choosing countries. I'll do some more testing to see if I can find a pattern and generally test it out. Look forward to the updates. Looks good though!
skywalkm

I'm a Cheater

Postby skywalkm » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:45 am

OK, I was able to get through a game, but found a big bug in the game play. First time I turned in my cards (at 5), I got however many armies I was supposed to get probably (I was the 5th or 6th to turn in and I got 12 or 15...don't remember). However what happened AFTER I turned the cards in threw me for a loop. The command button to Turn in Cards didn't disappear, so I was able to keep pressing it. The first time I attempted to "cheat", I don't remember how many it gave me, but on my 3rd and successive turn in of the cards on my turn, it kept giving me 4 armies every time I pressed it, with no apparent limit. I probably pressed it about 30 times. Obviously I was then able to cruise through the rest of the game. But now I was paying close attention to how many armies I could get when I turned in more cards. Every time I would get 12 cards the first turn in, then for the 2nd turn in, I'd either get 8 or 12, and the 3rd and any successive time, I'd get 4. I tested it for the remaining opponents, and found the 4 army consistency on the 3rd or greater turn in.

I love, love, love the game play. It was easy to do, and once I got going, it was just like the PocketPC, if not easier using the finger. Obviously, in the future, I hope to see all the options in the other versions on the iPhone, but I fully understand getting the first version out there. I just hope you don't lose any potential first time customers. I know all of the existing customers will be patient and like me will do whatever it takes to help you out with testing. I'd be more than happy to beta test, if Apple allows that. If I need to get the SDK, I'll do so. I've been meaning to check it out as I'd like to try my hand at an app or two. Nothing fancy or for profit...just for fun (at least until I get a good idea).
skywalkm

Postby skywalkm » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:05 am

Got stuck again on turn 12, but this time I quit and went back in and all was good.
skywalkm

Postby the space predator » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Sean, will you make Iphone version for some other of your game?
the space predator

Postby greg staten » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:36 pm

Now that you have two games out, are you planning to put out Lite versions for folks to try before they buy? I've already purchased Slay - and am about to purchase Conquest, but I know that the Lite versions seem to be a popular way to get your game exposed.

-greg
greg staten

Postby Sean OConnor » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:25 pm

Sean OConnor

Return to Conquest