[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Large-scale battles

Large-scale battles

Command a squadron of spaceships

Large-scale battles

Postby sorare31 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:13 am

When you're in large dogfights with many different opponents, which strategy is more advantageous/successful?

1) being cautious and taking shots at any opponent who gets in your line of fire so as to survive longer/reduce damage, or

2) being aggressive and hunting down individual ships so as to try and reduce the overall firepower of the enemy squadrons?

also, i want to maximize my kill counts, so please don't suggest gunning for capital ships right away to make their wingmen hyperspace.
sorare31

Postby Legacy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:53 am

It depends on the type of ship you're flying, your style of fighting, and how long you intend to survive...

The wing commander isn't always a high value target. Sometimes I take out ships that I personally would never select as the lead ship, and all of a sudden they're all hyperspacing away.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby Sketchy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:47 am

It's kind of dirty, but there's always loads of heavily damaged / ejected / stationary enemy ships in those missions (usually high value ships too, as the cheap ones just get destroyed) - if you just want a lot of good kills, focus on them and pick off anything else that gets in your way while you're at it.

Also, make sure you're loaded with plectrons - there's no point carrying guided missiles when it's like shooting fish in a barrel anyway.
Sketchy

Postby the space predator » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Before a figth, I "feel" it. If my ship was crippled, I will be most careful, but if there just little under 100 credit ship... Banza?! Sometime, when I see that the ennemy ship are a lot there, I will be careful. It's depend of my ship, the ennemy ship, my squad, the friendly squad, and how look the batlle. when evrybody goes any where and it is the chaos, I fly more careful. You understand what I mean or an other time, I spoke too much for the other people?
the space predator

Postby sorare31 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:08 pm

sorare31

Postby the space predator » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:50 pm

the space predator

Postby umeboshi110 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:14 am

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
umeboshi110

Postby the space predator » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:27 pm

I have see a leading drone in only one battle