Making ships look 3D

Command a squadron of spaceships
Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Making ships look 3D

Post by Fighter_Ace » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:11 pm

Sean,
When you made your ships, they all came out 3D and the colors were all different shades. When I design a ship, it comes out looking like a chunk of medal with all the colors the same without those awesome 3D looking shades! Why is this? :?: :!: :?:
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Sean OConnor

Re: Ship designs!

Post by Sean OConnor » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:00 pm

Fighter_Ace wrote:Sean,
When you made your ships, they all came out 3D and the colors were all different shades. When I design a ship, it comes out looking like a chunk of medal with all the colors the same without those awesome 3D looking shades! Why is this? :?: :!: :?:

You need to select any of the three corners of one of the triangles you have created and set a height for it in the edit box. Try giving one of the corners a height of 100 and you'll see the design become 3D straight away.

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

WOW!

Post by Fighter_Ace » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:42 am

Thanx oh so much Sean! Now I'v got the power... well... almost. I just need practice to get the perfect shade. :wink: heh heh!
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:58 am

I'll be making a page for Critical Mass custom ships so other people can install yours, so when they are ready please send them to me! It'd be nice if you could include a short description of what is good about your design too.