[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Missiles

Missiles

Command a squadron of spaceships

Missiles

Postby Quorad » Sun May 17, 2009 4:48 am

日本語がわかる。
Quorad

Postby TheKangaroo » Sun May 17, 2009 1:24 pm

Sorry to bust your bubble, but... if you run out of ammunition you technically are outgunned.

There have been quite a few proposals for new missiles over the months and a few of them sounded pretty good. But I personally think that to have an automatic pricing system there an editor probably wouldn't allow for as innovative designs as we'd hope.
TheKangaroo

Postby Quorad » Sun May 17, 2009 2:58 pm

I don't want to see some uber destructive missile that is cheap.

To be innovative, we just need lots of different kinds of missile types and bonuses. Automatic pricing would be great in this perspective because you can't get something for nothing. For instance, a heavy missle by itself or a light missle with AI would be similar but a heavy missile that is agile and has artificial intelligence would be very expensive.
Maybe even some kinds of missiles that turn at very sharp angles and have very high thrusts, but have a very small warhead.
日本語がわかる。
Quorad

Postby TheKangaroo » Sun May 17, 2009 6:59 pm

Well, i figure along the lines of new combinations of thrust, turning and size of warhead a formula to calculate the price would be very possible. But the question is: aren't we already equipped with a pretty good mix in that regard? The proposed missiles I'd like to see are those with a few more quirks to them like missiles with sensors on them or cluster missiles. That's where both pricing and actually creating the things might become a little too much for a simple-to-use editor like the one we have for ships.
TheKangaroo

Postby Quorad » Fri May 29, 2009 7:11 pm

日本語がわかる。
Quorad

Postby the space predator » Sat May 30, 2009 11:06 pm

I agree.
the space predator

Postby Conzul » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:33 pm

Beware pirates bearing gifts!
Conzul

Postby Legacy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:12 am

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby Fusion_power » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:59 pm

Fusion_power

Postby the space predator » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:52 pm

I need to write something, so i create that signature.
the space predator

Postby Fusion_power » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:30 pm

Fusion_power

Postby Legacy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:34 am

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby the space predator » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:08 am

I need to write something, so i create that signature.
the space predator

Return to Critical Mass