I'm confused

Real time World War II combat simulation
Knut

previous post

Post by Knut » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:43 pm

Hello usmc.61!

Please take a look at this previous topic on tips to greater success on the battlefield:

http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/forums/vi ... php?t=2042

I hope this helps - keep trying!

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:51 pm

Thank for that suggestion Knut.
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

The Arbiter

Post by The Arbiter » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:40 pm

Firefight is probably the one of the most realistic games ever made IMO.The fog of war in this game is unmatched.This game rapes the Close Combat Series in every level.I would consider this game a simulation.

Perturabo

Post by Perturabo » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:23 am

I wouldn't say that it rapes the Close Combat Series in every level. There were some cool features in CC, like beautiful maps, lots of weapon and soldier types, separate speech for both sides, some of the sound effects, etc.

The problem with CC is that each part plays like an alpha version some very cool game, not like a third or fifth part of critically acclaimed series.
The enemy and vehicle AI in Close Combat series is so broken that these games shouldn't ever be in sale.

One strong side that it has is modding. There are eastern front mods, western front mods, far east mods...
Oh wait, I forgot that all these theatres are included in vanilla version of Firefight for much less than any "new" CC game costs.

Still, it would be nice to have "real" infantry weapon types and soldier loadouts in Firefight. Yeah, and ability to run it with more than 256 colours would be nice too...