a port to Mac OS / iPhone? (UPDATE: It's availabe now!)

Conquer the island
AssetBurned

Post by AssetBurned » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:54 pm

I can't believe this :-) thanks!

is there any way to transport my old ... hm let's call it save game... from my PocketPC to the iPod Touch? I played nearly every island, I was hoping to pic up where i left more than 1 year ago.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:49 am

I'm not sure how easy it is to access an iPhone's file system. Can you copy individual files over into an app's folder? There is a tiny difference between the Windows and iPhone scores format though so you couldn't just do it that simply anyway at the moment. If you could copy files over though it woudn't be too tricky for me to modify the file format so that would become possible.

blastlast

Post by blastlast » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:20 pm

Sean O'Connor wrote:I think it should be fairly easy to do a Mac port now as the iPhone version is all in Objective C. I've used some iPhone specific objects so there would need to be a bit of work but now that I'm 95% of the way to a Mac version it would be silly not to go the extra inch.

Give me a bit of time on this as I'll work on other iPhone games next. But each iPhone game I do will mean another Mac game when I get some more free time.

Is there still going to be a OS X version for us who doesn't have Iphone?

Great game btw, I'm addicted!

leebishop82

Post by leebishop82 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:55 pm

Used to play Slay on windows (but lost my purchase key when moving house and Pc's) and just found it on the Iphone.

It hasnt changed much but is still great. Have a few suggestions Sean i was hoping you would look/comment on when you have time:

- It would be nice to have different themes, similar to what you have on windows (gangster, medieval etc)
- Perhaps list the maps in size instead of just pages?
- Online scoreboard or similar?
- create a map tool

As said above - great game but i know whats available on other versions so hoping the same comes in for Iphone.

Lee

Edit: also Islands 6 & 7 seem to be the same on my version.
Edit 2: Island 7 is the same but when i win it continues with the Surrender icon i had on there previously.
Edit 3: It seems this is a consistent bug where, if you surrender, you can win the island but the cross of surrender remains.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:09 pm

I'm just waiting on the final graphics and then I'll send off the new version of iPhone Slay (it'll take Apple a couple of weeks to approve it). The improvements are:

- all the graphics are re-done by a real graphics artist (and not by me!) and are 50% bigger so won't look so pixillated like they do at the moment.

- the game now uses the iPhone's core graphics routines so scrolling the world is much smoother and has momentum like when you flick scroll a photo.

- it can rotate to landscape

- on the high score table the islands are shown in difficulty order so it's more fun working your way through as far as you can go rather than just selecting a randomly difficult island.

I haven't added themes yet but that's something I might add in the next minor release.

An online score table sounds like a good idea so I'll look into that.

A map editor might be a bit fiddly on an iPhone but I'll have a think.

Islands 6 & 7 seem different to me!

I've fixed the bug that sometimes didn't record a victory on the high score table.

leebishop82

Post by leebishop82 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:25 pm

Thanks Shaun

blastlast

Post by blastlast » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:36 pm

No OS X-version?
Thanks.

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:05 pm

not actually. Maybe latter?
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

SpiraX

Update Time scale..

Post by SpiraX » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:02 pm

I was just wondering (As I know you have a life outside of programing) What do you see as the time frame for adding these features to the iPhone version of the game e.g the Themes and Map editing? Could we perhaps hear what your trying to impliment at the moment for the iPhone (As there are so many version for all the different OS's that you can't do them all!)

:D