[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - First time shipbuilds

First time shipbuilds

Command a squadron of spaceships

First time shipbuilds

Postby shrike » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:07 am

Hi everyone, this is my first post on these boards. I'm a long time fan of Critical Mass, though I only purchased the game yesterday. ( I survived on the version 2.0 demo if you can believe that o.O )

I couldn't wait to build some ships in the ship designer, and this is what I came up with. I'm sure they don't preform amazingly, but its more the appearance I was going for :)

I'll post the files if anyone is interested. I mostly wanted to know what everyone thought. C&C appreciated!
shrike

Postby TheKangaroo » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:15 pm

TheKangaroo

Postby shrike » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:49 pm

shrike

Postby TheKangaroo » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:33 pm

TheKangaroo

Postby Sketchy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:38 pm

They look great - very detailed.

I have a few criticisms on the actual designs - obviously it's a matter of taste, but...

I think the rear shields are a huge waste of money.
With just the money you would save by removing those two shields, you could give the A-Wing an extra launcher, another set of missiles, and two more scanners.
In the case of the X-Wing, that money would be better spent on more missiles - 3 sets is nowhere near enough for a ship with 4 lauchers.

I find it more useful to have 4 front scanners, rather than 2 on the front and 1 on each side.

I love the Plectron-Daycorn combination, but I think it's better to have more of the Plectrons - otherwise you won't have enough firepower to take out static installations.

If you've seen my "Polaris" custom designs, you'll know I'm a big fan of high-thrust ships. However, I've found that anything over about 75 is overkill - the extra engines are a waste of money and reduce handling. My current favourite has both speed and thrust of 65, which I feel gives the best overall agility.
Sketchy

Postby the space predator » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:11 pm

Its good ship. But there is not nough missile
I need to write something, so i create that signature.
the space predator

Return to Critical Mass