[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Another newbie

Another newbie

Command a squadron of spaceships

Another newbie

Postby vic user » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:04 pm

vic user

Postby Legacy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:49 pm

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby Fusion_power » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:09 pm

Fusion_power

Postby vic user » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:42 pm

vic user

Postby TheKangaroo » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:54 pm

TheKangaroo

Postby vic user » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:55 am

vic user

Postby Legacy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:50 pm

Legacy

Postby the space predator » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:08 pm

Turret are dangerous, the better taktik that I have found is to do circle.
I need to write something, so i create that signature.
the space predator

Postby TheKangaroo » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:17 pm

I've actually had quite some success against turrets by going straight for them. Keeping them centered you can easily pop off two plectrons which should do most of them in. After firing you can either take the chance of trying to fly through the debris (ends badly if it survives your strike) or alter the course slightly to pass right next to the turret. Works fine for me.
Just don't attack them head on, if you come in on them and they are facing you, give it a turn towards one of the other turrets or fly past altogether. Come back in a wide circle and repeat. 'In and out, not round about'.
TheKangaroo

Postby Legacy » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:26 pm

If you can go directly between two turrets, they may hold their fire until you get enough distance to have a chance at dodging the missiles.

Legacy

Postby vic user » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:13 pm

vic user

Postby the space predator » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:03 am

the space predator

Postby Sketchy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:09 pm

Turrets are easy to kill, provided you have some patience.

The key is that they lead their target (ie. you). If you start out flying perpendicular to them, they will turn to aim in front of you. This exposes their side, which has 3-5 times less armor than the front.
If you turn towards it now, you should be able to destroy the turret with a single volley (2 plectrons is usually enough on all except the "super" turrets).

The same technique works brilliantly against Radar Bases, Observatories, and Transmitters, which all have much less armor on the sides than front, and which also "aim" infront of you.
Sketchy

Postby the space predator » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:13 pm

If there is asteroid near the turret it's more easy, and if you are in a asteroid field...
the space predator

Return to Critical Mass