[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Use of Smoke

Use of Smoke

Real time World War II combat simulation

Use of Smoke

Postby hijak431 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:44 am

hijak431

Postby Andy Brown » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:09 am

Andy Brown

Smoke

Postby Knut » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:22 pm

Knut

Postby hijak431 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:45 pm

hijak431

Postby TheKangaroo » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:35 pm

TheKangaroo

Postby Knut » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:13 pm

Knut

Postby hijak431 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:02 am

hijak431

Postby the space predator » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:59 pm

I use smoke only to change the position of a suppressed sqad. I don't see any other good use.
I need to write something, so i create that signature.
the space predator

Postby andrew516 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:38 am

In defence when you have nothing left with any real range to stop their remaining armour, dump smoke on your own objective and keep flamethrowers or other infantry anti tank weapons on the flag. Their armour will rush the objective but wont be able to do jack to your man due to smoke blocking LOS. sneak those flamethrowers up and presto, dead tanks.

I have never used smoke behind the enemy to isolate a position but can see now how this would work. I find it blocks enemy LOS best when dumped right in front of the guys you want to block. I also argee with the plan of using it in assault to infiltrate to a good jumping off point from which to launch a rush assault when the smoke clears, under a thorough volley of friendly supressing fire of course. :P
andrew516

Postby Legacy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Not sure it helps much. I mostly just use smoke in front of heavy enemy positions to hide an advance I'm making, more to make me feel a little less bad about sending my hammer-blow of reserve infantry to their deaths than for any practical good it does.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby TheKangaroo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:32 pm

TheKangaroo

Postby Legacy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:41 pm

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Return to Firefight