[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Roll of honor

Roll of honor

Command a squadron of spaceships

Roll of honor

Postby the space predator » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:06 pm

I think that the system of rank in the roll of honor is not good. A commandant that have never receive gold cross but have survie to many mission and kill a lot of ennemy will not have a better rank then a commander that have make 3 mission, only one success and receive a gold cross for this only success, it's frustrating!

Also, all the death commender stats should be conservate, then we will be able to do our stat.
I need to write something, so i create that signature.
the space predator

Postby TheKangaroo » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:13 pm

I'm not quite sure I get what you're saying. Do you mean the sort order of commanders in the roll of honour should be different or are you saying something was actually not working?
TheKangaroo

Postby the space predator » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:00 am

the space predator

Postby TheKangaroo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:05 pm

I'm not quite sure what the current order is even based on. Medals or total credits or anything more subtle? Maybe different sorting choices could be included in a future version, that doesn't sound too extravagant.
TheKangaroo

Postby the space predator » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:25 am

the space predator

Postby Fusion_power » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:32 am

Fusion_power

Postby the space predator » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:54 am

the space predator

Postby the space predator » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:20 pm

pay attention: did Romening have been really worst then Mesner? (more kill in less mission)

did Jokin have been really better then Zuller? and then Killer?

did Hsb have been better then Manel? he have kill less ennemies in more mission, and the both two have sucess all there mission.

I think that a rating like in firefigth will have more sense, but the number off kill, and the percentage of sucess have more sense then the number of medal.
the space predator

Postby the space predator » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:46 pm

did kalden have been better the Mesner?

defintivly no! But he have receive one Medal Of Outstanding Courage more then Gerdem.
the space predator

Postby TheKangaroo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:18 pm

TheKangaroo

Postby the space predator » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:11 pm

the space predator

Postby Sketchy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:13 am

Players should definitely be ranked according to medals.

It encourages you to take risks and fly cheaper ships, which is important since you can build a virtually indestructible ship for about 150 credits (see below).

Without the medal-based system, you could quite easily just avoid enemy fighters altogether, and focus on attacking civilian ships - you'd survive many missions and get loads of kills. I don't think players should be rewarded for that kind of play though.

However - I think maybe it should use a points system.
For example:
MoH = 1pt
MoCH = 2pts
MoOC = 5pts
GC = 10pts

It's difficult though. Consider these two:
The top player got more GCs than all the other medal types put together.
The bottom player survived twice as many missions, killed loads more enemy ships, and got loads of medals.
Who's the better pilot?
Sketchy

Postby the space predator » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:12 am

Yes I have think about point system, it have more sense then the actual system.
Last edited by the space predator on Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
the space predator

Postby TheKangaroo » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:56 pm

TheKangaroo

Return to Critical Mass