[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Captain Vance's campain (story)

Captain Vance's campain (story)

Real time World War II combat simulation

Captain Vance's campain (story)

Postby the space predator » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:13 pm

After spend time on awsome story thread, I have decide to doo the same thing, whit a new campain, I will make you able to follow a new zeland captain form 1937 to the end of war, or to is death...

After Caldwell death, the private James Vance receive the grade of captain and will have to replace caldwell from may 1940 to is death, or is victory
Last edited by the space predator on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
I need to write something, so i create that signature.
the space predator

Postby the space predator » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:19 pm

the campain will look like that:
24/MAR/1940, JAPANESE, DEFEND, COUNTRY_PACIFIC, TERRAIN_JUNGLE
24/MAY/1940, JAPANESE, ATTACK, COUNTRY_PACIFIC, TERRAIN_JUNGLE
10/JUN/1940, ITALIAN, ATTACK, COUNTRY_NORTHAFRICA, TERRAIN_DESERT
16/SEP/1940, ITALIAN, DEFEND, COUNTRY_NORTHAFRICA, TERRAIN_DESERT
16/DEC/1940, ITALIAN, ATTACK, COUNTRY_NORTHAFRICA, TERRAIN_DESERT
24/MAR/1941, GERMAN, DEFEND, COUNTRY_NORTHAFRICA, TERRAIN_DESERT
30/JUN/1941, JAPANESE, ATTACK, COUNTRY_CHINA, TERRAIN_JUNGLE
24/NOV/1941, GERMAN, DEFEND, COUNTRY_NORTHAFRICA, TERRAIN_DESERT
24/OCT/1942, GERMAN, ATTACK, COUNTRY_NORTHAFRICA, TERRAIN_DESERT
31/DEC/1942, GERMAN, ATTACK, COUNTRY_ITALY, TERRAIN_DRY
7/MAY/1943, JAPANESE, ATTACK, COUNTRY_PACIFIC, TERRAIN_JUNGLE
1/DEC/1943, GERMAN, ATTACK, COUNTRY_ITALY, TERRAIN_DRY
7/MAY/1944, JAPANESE, DEFEND, COUNTRY_PACIFIC, TERRAIN_JUNGLE
6/JUN/1944, GERMAN, ATTACK, COUNTRY_FRANCE, TERRAIN_VILLAGES
5/SEP/1944, JAPANESE, DEFEND, COUNTRY_PACIFIC, TERRAIN_JUNGLE
12/SEP/1944, GERMAN, ATTACK, COUNTRY_BELGIUM, TERRAIN_LOWLANDS
7/OCT/1944, JAPANESE, ATTACK, COUNTRY_PACIFIC, TERRAIN_JUNGLE
16/DEC/1944, GERMAN, DEFEND, COUNTRY_BELGIUM, TERRAIN_VILLAGES
4/JAN/1945, GERMAN, ATTACK, COUNTRY_FRANCE, TERRAIN_VILLAGES
6/JAN/1945, GERMAN, ATTACK, COUNTRY_GERMANY, TERRAIN_VILLAGES
7/MAR/1945, JAPANESE, ATTACK, COUNTRY_PACIFIC, TERRAIN_JUNGLE
Last edited by the space predator on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the space predator

Postby the space predator » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi!, i'm the captain Ben Cadlwell of New-Zealand force.

I've benn enlisted in january 1937.

My first mission was on may 24 1940,

I have to defend flag wood from japanese

I post the most of my troops near flag wood and Bohol village
Some sqad are on my rigth flank, on misty hill and on hill 138. The gun and the hmg are at the back on toad hill.

the ennemies attack our rigth flank from hill 192

soon after the first ennemies soldier, a TK tank appears.

The ennemies attack in the center, on squirell hill whit a Ha-Go tank and a lot of man. Disater was fast to come, squirell hill was taken soon by ennemies, but our AT rifle destroy the TK. And the remaining man on squirell hill figth until they die, despite the ennemies arty fire. The gun was destroy by the Ha-go. I have not understand why the gun crew don't obey to me when I ask them to fire on the Ha-go and they continue to fire on the rigth flank, where ennemies advance slowly, but surely.

the AT rifle destroy the Ha-go that have enter flag wood and attack the Hq, no losse to report.

The ennemies mortar inflict us great loss. we continue to figth, and ennemies wasn't able to advance trough the hill bareer. They bombard whit arty & mortar Bohol, frome where we shoot a lot of there man, and it been not very effective, in approximaly 10 minutes, we take only 3 losses there. But when they start to fire on flag wood, we take more losses.
after one half hour of intense figth, we see some enemies surrender.

When we decide to send on first line our flametrhower, a bunch of ennemies surrender instanly.

after 35:40 minutes of figth, ennemies finnaly retreat

[/img]
the space predator

Size of squads

Postby JeanBoule » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:01 am

Your infantry squads are smaller than standard.

What weapons do they have?

I have tried using recon squads a lot in defence, because I can spread them around the map more, to cover more approaches and so they dont get so hammered by artillery.

cheers.
Voila du boudin!
JeanBoule

Postby the space predator » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:25 pm

I have created small infantry group, equiped whit only rifles. It's usefull in defenece, and also in offence, like first line men.
the space predator

Custom Squads

Postby JeanBoule » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:26 pm

Tiens! I did not look very hard.

This time I see a squad with what looks like a HMG, rifles and SMGs. It is squad 1 so it must be the HQ. If that is placed on the "flag" you have a last-ditch defense which is pretty powerful.

You have mini-squads with HMGs also I see.

Great stuff I shall give them a trial.
Voila du boudin!
JeanBoule

Postby the space predator » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 pm

and At rifle, it's the first time I try it. It look good to make variation in the infantry squad.
the space predator

Postby TheKangaroo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:45 am

Nice keep it going. Just one odd thing I noticed: are you deliberately alternating between fighting in Europe and the Pacific theatre? Seems a bit weird to me.
TheKangaroo

Postby the space predator » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:28 pm

the space predator

Postby the space predator » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:41 am

Hi! it's the private Vance, yesterday, the captain Caldwell have been killed by a mortar fire while defending Market wood from Japanese.

It was 24 april 1940
We have been posted to defend the Market wood
There is a road that pass acros an open field, we decide to defend the wooden hill and kill ennemies in the open field
we divide the company in 3 group of sqad and place a HMG, a AT rifle and a gun whit some of that group
The most dificult place to defend is lubang

after 5 minute of wait, the first ennemy where reperate. they where so much, hopefully, they are in the open field as we think

we start to fire on them. they try to go in teh wood on the left flank, but we continue to kill them, and we use our artillery to bombard them.

at lubang, situation was very hard for the us and for them. The Japanese commender decide to bombard lubang, despite is own man where in the village. the hill was to much rough, so our hmg and our gun have difficulties to help the man in lubang Image
after a moment, we make deplace the Hmg and see
that bunch of ennemies, a lot of them have been killed our injuried by the HMG.
on rose hill, one soldier survive, he kill many japanese man.

After a long moment of shooting, a mortar fire hit the HQ, killing captain Caldwell, so I receive the comandement of the companies.

but after that ennemy start to retreat, we kill many more of them, and they destroy our gun. finally, after 30 minute of battle, we have win

we have win that other batlle despite Japanese where 13 more than us, we inflict to them great loss and hold on objective. The New-Zeland high comendement said that our captain have been the best and he receive many medal post-mortem

I will now replace him, I hope that I will survive to that war.
Last edited by the space predator on Fri May 07, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the space predator

Postby TheKangaroo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:29 pm

TheKangaroo

Postby the space predator » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:12 pm

the space predator

Postby the space predator » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:08 am

the space predator

Gratitude

Postby tbrown01 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:04 pm

This is a great game!

Good work!

- Feb 7 windows games..
tbrown01

Return to Firefight