[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - iPhone version 2.0

iPhone version 2.0

Conquer the island

iPhone version 2.0

Postby dcharles » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:57 pm

Hi Sean,

I just downloaded the newest iPhone version last night. I love the new graphics, and I understand from the settings screen that the auto zoom will be restored at a later time (I do miss that though). The only bug that I have noticed is that you cannot select your level of play, everything defaults to "very easy". Thanks for all of your work brining one of my favourite PPC games to the iPhone!!
dcharles

Postby AssetBurned » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:30 am

Hi
i don't agree with this "only" Bug Point.
Ok the graphic needed an update but i would like to See an Option to get back to the old graphic.
But thats not the Point. First of all how can i Select another difficul Level?
Secondly Why cant i Play all the maps? Some are Set to Gray and sherefor unselectable?
And finally did you changed the ai? Looks likeit is now attacking me in situations in that they ignored me in the last Version.

Cu assetburne
ps hate the autocorrection on my iPod Touch :-/
AssetBurned

Postby ozace50 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:28 am

I agree with the previous poster. I have upgraded to the latest version on my iPod, and I am very disappointed - for the following reasons:

1. I used to be able to select any one of the 384 maps and play them at any level. Now most of the maps are greyed out. In effect, I have been downgraded from 384 maps to about 104 - so I have lost 200 maps. Unfair!

2. My playing level defaults to "Hard", and I can't change it. Very unfair - ridiculous, in fact!

3. I have lost the former colour scheme, and I now find that, although I have several colour schemes, I have trouble distinguishing the colours in some lights. I have no argument against increasing the number of colour schemes, but why did you take away the existing one? I can not see the reason for this change. Unfair!

I have played Slay for some years - now on the iPod and formerly on my iPaq. I hope that someone can help me get back the great functionality of the former version.
ozace50

Postby Sean OConnor » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:09 am

Sean OConnor

Postby ozace50 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:36 am

ozace50

Postby zlionsfan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:08 pm

zlionsfan

Postby slicker » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:13 pm

slicker

Postby the space predator » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:31 pm

I need to write something, so i create that signature.
the space predator

Postby AssetBurned » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:57 pm

AssetBurned

Postby leebishop82 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:44 am

leebishop82

Postby ozace50 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:02 am

I am still disappointed with the upgrade. I paid for a certain number of maps, for each of which I could set the difficulty level - so I had 384 maps multiplied by 4 levels. Now I have a set of maps for which I have only 1 level that I can play it at = far fewer maps, even if I can unlock all the Very Hard rows. And all my choice has been taken away from me.

How is that an upgrade? I now have about 10 - 15% of the game that I had before this "upgrade".

And I can see nothing in the game information in the iTunes about this aspect of the "upgrade". If I had seen that this was going to happen, I would never have upgraded - again, my choice was taken away from me.

I am sorry to keep griping, but I used to regard this as one of the best games that I had bought. Not now!!
ozace50

Postby Sean OConnor » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:22 am

OK, I'm really sorry that lots of people don't like the new way I've done the high score table!

What I'll do is a quick update which will let you double tap on the high score table's title and the high score table will go back to the way it was. It will take 2 weeks for Apple to approve the update for release on to the AppStore though.

I thought it would be more fun to know roughly how difficult an island would be so it would be more of a challenge to see how far down the table you could get.
Sean OConnor

Postby jebwhs87 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:00 am

jebwhs87

Postby ggtgp » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:55 pm

ggtgp

not able to select upper levels

Postby phillip9 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:14 pm

phillip9

Next

Return to Slay