iPhone version 2.0

Conquer the island
poiter_mcd

Post by poiter_mcd » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:04 am

Hey Sean,
Thought I'd post that I find version 2.0 much more playable than 1 (I only had the demo of 1, but bought 2 after trying the demo).
After playing the PC version for close to 10 years (half demo, half full version), I found it tricky coming to the iPhone. The thing about Slay is it's all on the screen, and it's "quick" to play. The iPhone was much trickier to interact with.
For some reason, I've found 2.0 heaps easier???
So, some positive to take out of all the negative feedback of late!!!?? :)
Glad you're still at it! After all this time, Slay is still the game I come back to time after time.
cya
Pete McD

dittman

Post by dittman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:56 am

I also find the new colors a little harder to distinguish and I prefer the old graphics.

ozace50

Post by ozace50 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:50 am

Sean, thanks very much for changing the game in the ways that posters in this forum have suggested. I really appreciate it, and I'm sure that others do too. Now it's back to being a 5-star game for me!! :D :D :D :D :D

ggtgp

Post by ggtgp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:34 am

I upgraded again now that a fix was posted, but for me the fix does not work.
I double tap on the title bar and change to random or not, and both ways I get a dialog asking what difficulty I would like, but that choice is ignored and game starts at whatever difficulty that game defaults to, not what I selected.

To repeat this bug you may have to downgrade to two versions back, then upgrade to current. Maybe changes in prefs file format?

leebishop82

Post by leebishop82 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:36 pm

Same for me

Also i cant place Towers on the new versio.

Also difficulty choice is ignored, its worse than the previous version...why cant it be fixed properly??

poiter_mcd

Post by poiter_mcd » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:27 am

ggtgp wrote:I double tap on the title bar and change to random or not, and both ways I get a dialog asking what difficulty I would like, but that choice is ignored and game starts at whatever difficulty that game defaults to, not what I selected.

I don't think it defaults to the difficulty of the island, but always defaults to 'Very Hard'. Definite bug though.

Also, in response to the above post, on the 'difficulty order', there is no question of which difficulty, nor should there be one I would have thought? It's difficulty order, so you go with what the game suggests.

Also, I can't reproduce the towers bug the previous poster was talking about. Towers work fine for me.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:08 pm

Sorry everyone! I just looked at the code and I'd copied and pasted the same line so whatever difficulty you selected it always chose Very Hard. Can't believe I didn't spot that. :(

I'll send off another update but it may take Apple up to 2 weeks to approve it.

mucde

Post by mucde » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:58 pm

What I do like in the new version is the tap and hold to bring all moveable men to the current position. It does seem a little reluctant to work first time, every time.

I'm not so sure about the double tap to buy peasant feature. I do find that when I am moving an existing piece, it is common (say 5-10% of the time) for it to be magically upgraded, which is a pain if you don't spot it.

AssetBurned

Post by AssetBurned » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 am

I have to admit that the game is back go perfect again. even with these new theme. If you get used to it is fine. :-)

Thanks a lot!

ozace50

Post by ozace50 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:35 am

Sean, thanks very much for your recent work. The game is now great again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jebwhs87

Left right issues

Post by jebwhs87 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:52 pm

I have version 2.1.1 and when I first open a map, the mini map is displayed on the left side and the men on the right but yet when I tap on the upper right (to get a man) my map moves... if I tap on the upper left (where the mini map is) I get a man. I have to click the iPhone home button and then come back into the game to get it to display correctly. This also happens when I finish a map and choose a new map to play.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:42 am

I've not been able to repeat that bug here, but what I suspect is that this only happens when you update the game from a previous version and then the problem goes away once the game has been run once and exited.

Let me know if that's not the case though and the bug is always there!

jebwhs87

Post by jebwhs87 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:00 am

Sean O'Connor wrote:I've not been able to repeat that bug here, but what I suspect is that this only happens when you update the game from a previous version and then the problem goes away once the game has been run once and exited.

Let me know if that's not the case though and the bug is always there!
No this happens every time I open and select a new board. Once the board is selected, if I exit and reload the game the windows are correct.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:49 am

Could you try tapping on the 'Settings' button and then tap the 'OK' button to return to the game? That will force the settings file to be saved.

Re-Peat

Post by Re-Peat » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:57 am

mucde wrote:I'm not so sure about the double tap to buy peasant feature. I do find that when I am moving an existing piece, it is common (say 5-10% of the time) for it to be magically upgraded, which is a pain if you don't spot it.
Hi Sean, I'm new on the forum but I've been playing Slay for quite a while... it's one of my favorite games of all time and I love that it's on my iPhone. I honestly play it daily.

The reason I came to the forum is the autobuy thing listed above... it's driving me nuts! I do like it on empty spaces, but the upgrades are killing me, especially since it often places the upgraded piece without you knowing exactly where it went. I think 5-10% is a generous estimate, I'm having this happen closer to 20% of the time.

Can you at least make this an option rather than have it be a permanent setting? It's killing the enjoyability of the game for me. :(