[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Modding Topic

Modding Topic

Real time World War II combat simulation

Modding Topic

Postby the space predator » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:42 pm

I need to write something, so i create that signature.
the space predator

Postby the space predator » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:43 pm

Here some few thing:
new "desert" terrain for v4.0 and v4.2.
new objective arrow whit mask.
Last edited by the space predator on Sun May 02, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the space predator

Postby TheKangaroo » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:00 am

Yesterday I had sort of a vague idea for a mod, but a quick look into Firefight raised the question: how to actually define a mod? Does one just make a copy of the whole Firefight folder and then edit graphics and data for one of the copies?
TheKangaroo

Postby the space predator » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:18 am

Basically, I think it's that, if you have another definition, write it
the space predator

here is what the wiki has to say

Postby JeanBoule » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:17 am

http://firefi.wikispaces.com/Modifying+Units

* You can create some lesser-known historical AFV such as the USA m16 Halftrack.
* You can try making more useful sub-units. eg German-Light mortar.sect.txtGerman-Light mortar.sect.txt.

How?

* Use a text editor, egWindows Notepad.
* Start with an existing subunit file taken out of the Firefight\Data folder.
* "Save As" the new name (doing this straight away stops you from overwriting the existing file.
* Make changes.
* Save

-------------------------------

You dont need to copy the entire Firefight folder. If you wanted to develop a new infantry section, a good safe way would be to copy the Firefight/Data/Infantry folder, which results in a folder within the Data folder called "Copy of Infantry".

Then modify the file in the "Infantry" folder.

If something goes wrong, rename the "Infantry" to "Infantry Mod" and rename "Copy of Infantry" to "Infantry" and you will have restored the game to its original state.

There are other ways to do it of course, depending on your computer skills.

Feel free to write up your method and results on the wiki. There is a page called "AA_Put stuff here" which you can add to without registering or anything.
Voila du boudin!
JeanBoule

Postby TheKangaroo » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:22 pm

Thanks a lot. I completely forgot about the Wiki.
TheKangaroo

Postby TheKangaroo » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:41 pm

TheKangaroo

Postby the space predator » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm

the space predator

Postby JeanBoule » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:32 am

Voila du boudin!
JeanBoule

Postby TheKangaroo » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 am

TheKangaroo

Postby the space predator » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:56 pm

the space predator

New Nationalities

Postby JeanBoule » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:43 am

Voila du boudin!
JeanBoule

Postby TheKangaroo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:12 pm

TheKangaroo

Postby Legacy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:17 am

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby the space predator » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:28 am

For exemple, make japanese being fanatical is'nt a prejudice, it's prety realist, just take a look to the number of death at Iwo Jima, Okinawa and Tarawa...

But some other, like these that StateRoute170 suggest there:
the space predator

Next

Return to Firefight