Awesome stories

Real time World War II combat simulation
the space predator

Post by the space predator » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:56 pm

A really good map, I like it, I will try it soon.
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:28 pm

So, here's another one. Still the same campaign as before.
August 11, 1944. The objective is Elbow Hill, overlooking the French town of Tesson. It's supposed to be primarily an infantry job, but we took one M5 tank with us, just to have an ace up the sleeve.
Towering over the Tesson, opposite to Elbow Hill was Torch Hill, a 26m rise, which I intended to circumnavigate on the left side, pushing onto Bumblebee Hill.
It turned out that Bumblebee Hill itself was defended by at least two German squads, which, though, was less of a problem than the 50mm field gun and further troops on top of Torch Hill, providing them with splendid fire support were. They managed to hold us all down long enough to make their artillery count but sacrificing the tank we eventually could take both Bumblebee and Torch hill.
That finally put us in position to march against Tesson, which was certainly being defended furiously. While I moved my HQ closer to the line our artillery rained shells on the small village.
Using covering fire from Torch Hill infantry moved into the village from the left flank. It turned out the German contigent in the village was still strong and vicious house-to-house fighting commenced, despite continuous fire support from both Torch Hill and Cook Hill located on the left flank.
Just when finally Tesson was in our hands and the final push against the presumedly few defenders of Elbow Hill itself was being set up, though, the enemy reinforced their lines from the right flank. Multiple squads emerged from the forest, to which I was completely unprepared.
Despite their forces coming in from the right I managed to move up the survivors of one squad over the left flank into the woods behind the objective, even though due to said reinforcements the sudden fire from the rear did not make the remaining German forces surrender.
I was now faced with two major problems. First, all my squads had suffered casualties, some of them horrendously, which meant I was no longer in the position to actually attack another strongpoint. Secondly, my soldiers were by now, an hour into the battle, all alarmingly low on ammunition.
While this makes retreat the only choice the skirmish is still in progress, since I am convinced that the remaining German squads have to be rather low on ammunition themselves (their machine guns fire in noteworthily short bursts) and I still have hope that they, once their ammunition is expended, will retreat. The fact that since this stalemate began three of my men were killed and another one wounded, though, might prove my plan to be lunacy.

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:01 pm

TheKangaroo wrote:Point taken. Next time it'll be less dull text and more pictures.

I really like this new one

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:43 pm

I've won a couple battles by simply absorbing all of the enemy's bullets. It's akin to burying them in my dead.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

Zenji.yamada.nihon

Hardcore Mission

Post by Zenji.yamada.nihon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:22 pm

Heh heh! You are not hardcores. Today, I played very hard defense mission. I was American and enemy was German. I had: about 60 people (mostly LMGs and SMGs), 3 light mortars and 2 pounder gun. Enemy had 264 people and heavy 3 tanks! Results of the battle are:

MY FORCES
36 killed
9 wounded
2 captured
1 gun lost
about 20 survived

ENEMY FORCES
209 killed
1 wounded
10 captured
3 tanks lost
about 30 survived

And I won the battle. :D

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:44 pm

Very hard, and wht, mostly infantry?

JeanBoule

Re: Hardcore Mission

Post by JeanBoule » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:41 am

Zenji.yamada.nihon wrote:Heh heh! You are not hardcores. Today, I played very hard defense mission.
And I won the battle. :D

I hope you saved the game at some point.
If you restart the game you can see the game code. If you tell us that, with the year and month, terrain and degree of difficulty, any player can play the same game.

sounds like you are now hooked.
Voila du boudin!

Zenji.yamada.nihon

Don't you thrust me?

Post by Zenji.yamada.nihon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:19 pm

I hope you saved the game at some point.
If you restart the game you can see the game code. If you tell us that, with the year and month, terrain and degree of difficulty, any player can play the same game.

Ok:
Mission Code: 2121693
Date: Mar '44
Terrain: Hilly
Difficulty: Very hard
Units: Infantry & Tanks

kaycedelson46

Post by kaycedelson46 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:03 am

Legacy wrote:I recently had a Japanese LMG of mine go through an enemy held town and fill up the kills box. For a long stretch, I never noticed him firing, so I'm guessing they have a combat knife or something in addition to their LMG. The rest of his unit did something silly and strolled into artillery I was using to cover them at a pretty good distance away. They really strayed. Eventually the LMG was wounded, carried on, was immobilized within the embattled town, and finally killed by a grenade once he was lying still. He should get a medal.

yeah! the war game is great, however, in the real battlefield one has to really be prepared with battle gears.
Being stressed out and overweight may not be YOUR fault! It's true, a mysterious condition might be to blame. An estimated 70-80% are suffering from this condition, and don't even know it!

http://www.howtocurecandida.com/survey/

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:10 pm

I returned to the field last weekend, so this is just to wrap up the previous one:
-There indeed is a time limit of 120 minutes.
-In the thirty plus something minutes I had remaining nothing noteworthy happened anymore, except for me witnessing one enemy soldier scavenge his dead buddies for ammunition.
-This is the final shot showing clearly that they still had quite a few folks around:
-Since it turned out a little small to read:
?Your commanders rate your performance as poor. You failed to take the objective but inflicted some loss to the enemy altough the position was heavily defended.?

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Sun May 09, 2010 8:43 pm

You wan't different mission?

Try in "hilly" the map #6529644 (v 5.0 ) you have to take bottom hill. But bottom hill is just 20m after the red line. It's easy to capture and to to remain on.

I have not try it in defence yet.

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Sun May 09, 2010 10:43 pm

first time you use this map, there is no wood. Second time, trees don't appears. And 3rd Tim, the map is ok