iPhone version 2.0

Conquer the island
dittman

Post by dittman » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:23 am

AssetBurned wrote:I have to admit that the game is back go perfect again. even with these new theme. If you get used to it is fine. :-)

Thanks a lot!
I still can't stand the new theme. I'd really like to see a way to select the old graphics.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Re-Peat wrote: The reason I came to the forum is the autobuy thing listed above... it's driving me nuts! I do like it on empty spaces, but the upgrades are killing me, especially since it often places the upgraded piece without you knowing exactly where it went. I think 5-10% is a generous estimate, I'm having this happen closer to 20% of the time.

Can you at least make this an option rather than have it be a permanent setting? It's killing the enjoyability of the game for me. :(
OK, that's a good point. Maybe I'll make it only buy a peasant on an empty square and not upgrade a piece.

Re-Peat

Post by Re-Peat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:06 am

Sean O'Connor wrote:
Re-Peat wrote: The reason I came to the forum is the autobuy thing listed above... it's driving me nuts! I do like it on empty spaces, but the upgrades are killing me, especially since it often places the upgraded piece without you knowing exactly where it went. I think 5-10% is a generous estimate, I'm having this happen closer to 20% of the time.

Can you at least make this an option rather than have it be a permanent setting? It's killing the enjoyability of the game for me. :(
OK, that's a good point. Maybe I'll make it only buy a peasant on an empty square and not upgrade a piece.
That would actually be a great idea. I can't recall having issues with peasants popping up unexpectedly, it's just a problem with upgrades.

P.S. I've already trained myself to be more watchful of pieces that have been laid (thanks for the undo button, it's a lifesaver!) so I've still been playing daily, but this change will make it so much better!

Thanks again for staying sharp with the updates! Too few developers ever retouch games once they're released...

kyle d johnson

SOUNDS COOL

Post by kyle d johnson » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:13 am

I don't have an Iphone but just wanted to say I think that the "unlocking" feature sounds really cool and wish I could do that on my PC. It is a lot of fun to have a challenge like that and see how far you can get. I'm sure I'm not alone...

Of course I can see why a veteran player may not like it but I think it's a great idea.

Naturally now I ask if making a PC update with this feature would be difficult for you :)

Kyzia

Post by Kyzia » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:44 pm

Hi,

First off, thanks for an iPhone version - I've been playing Slay on the PC on and off since 1994, and still like it a lot.

I'm very pleased with it on the iPhone, but wanted to give a bit of feedback;

- It seems that if I refuse to accept the other players' offer to surrender, but instead play to the end, that island will not count as completed.
- I've found a few times when starting up in Landscape mode that the right hand part of the screen will be blank. It's necessary to rotate the iPhone upright and then back.
- Accessing the Settings screen in Landscape mode results in the options all being squashed up together.

A feature request rather than a bug report : An option on the settings screen to disable the turn-end notification that I still have men that haven't moved.

eightman

Post by eightman » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:21 pm

I noticed a couple of bugs on the iPhone version:

- Sometimes it doesn't record a win. I'm really not sure why. It seems to be on the ones that I've had to replay a lot.

- occasionally the location of the purchase menu and the map are swapped, so when I'm trying to buy I move the map instead. Changing from portrait to landscape and back again seems to fix it up.

But that's it! Great game overall... Just needs some hotseat multiplayer on the iPhone version.