[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Differences between lite and full for iPhone version.

Differences between lite and full for iPhone version.

A boardgame of world domination

Differences between lite and full for iPhone version.

Postby cwm123 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:53 am

I haven't been able to find a list of differences between the lite and full versions of Conquest for the iPhone. From reading the forums I've discovered at least one thing I thought was a bug was really a purposefull limitation in the lite version (max three variants of random startup), I'm wondering if other things like being unable to change the number of AIs is also purposeful.

Also, if the full version had the option to restart a randomly started game from the very beginning of my first move (where I place my first armies) so I can try a second time to beat the AIs I'd buy the full version right now.

Thanks for making this game, I've found it very enjoyable in spite of how kamakazi the AIs can be at times. :)

Cheers,
Chris
cwm123

Postby Sean OConnor » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:51 am

Yes, not being able to change the number of players and having only 3 different start positions are intentional limitations on the Lite version. Apple make it tricky for us developers as we're not supposed to show disabled things on a Lite version (one update of Conquest was not approved because some of the buttons to select how many men you place per tap were disabled - but that's intentional if you don't have many men to place!)

The paid for version allows you to:

- play on all of the different maps
- the starting position is always random, not just one of three fixed starts
- you can choose to start the game by choosing your territories, your starting armies or just everything random.
Sean OConnor

Return to Conquest