4.1 download where?

Real time World War II combat simulation
DaveyJJ

4.1 download where?

Post by DaveyJJ » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:45 pm

I bought 4.0 back in July of last year but see several posts and news items to the 4.1 version. Anyone know where I can get the link to download the update/newest version?

Thanks.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:01 pm

That's simple. You just send an e-mail to Sean@windowsgames.co.uk - preferrably from the same address you used when ordering the games, but it works otherwise, too - and aks Sean to send you the latest version. Be advised it might take a while to get a reply.

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:35 pm

I have download the demo, just to see the difference, and I have not see a big difference. so I will take sean's time for the next version
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:53 pm

I have not see a big difference

Fractal hills, for example? Or was 4.1 just the 'minor' update that included some more tank data?

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:33 am

the both
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:25 am

After giving it the benefit of every possible doubt, I have finally uninstalled 4.1 and gone back to 4.0.

The fractal hills are more realistic but it's much harder to understand their shape, which makes planning difficult. Some form of terrain height shading or contour line marking would go a long way to overcoming this.

Also, the loss of the "F" key for checking line-of-sight while setting up defensive battles became something I really can't do without (doubly so given my first point above).

I'd urge anyone thinking of buying FF to get hold of ver 4.0, not 4.1.

Cheers,

Andy Brown

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:15 pm

Andy Brown wrote:After giving it the benefit of every possible doubt, I have finally uninstalled 4.1 and gone back to 4.0.

The fractal hills are more realistic but it's much harder to understand their shape, which makes planning difficult. Some form of terrain height shading or contour line marking would go a long way to overcoming this.

Also, the loss of the "F" key for checking line-of-sight while setting up defensive battles became something I really can't do without (doubly so given my first point above).

I'd urge anyone thinking of buying FF to get hold of ver 4.0, not 4.1.

Cheers,

Andy Brown

Agreed, we need a topographic map overlay for the minimap, and the field of fire preview back. But I'm sticking with 4.1 anyway, I really like some of the maps the fractal hills make.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!