Massive Armies

A boardgame of world domination
Timberwolf

Massive Armies

Post by Timberwolf » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:15 pm

Ok what's the deal? I'm playing a network game when suddenly one person hands in cards and drops down 50,000 armies?

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:22 pm

sounds like a hack(cheat) to me....

what turn was it?
if you run..you'll only die tired

Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf » Fri May 02, 2008 4:34 am

Yea so what's up with that Sean? We pay for a hacked game?

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Sun May 04, 2008 4:40 pm

I'm really sorry about this and it does look as if someone has examined the packets that the game has sent and is sending fake ones to cheat. I'll work on a new version which should stop this (shame really as I'd rather be working on new games or improvements) but hopefully he's just got bored now as it can't be much fun doing it and then everyone just leaves the game.

RichD

Post by RichD » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Sean O'Connor wrote:I'm really sorry about this and it does look as if someone has examined the packets that the game has sent and is sending fake ones to cheat. I'll work on a new version which should stop this (shame really as I'd rather be working on new games or improvements) but hopefully he's just got bored now as it can't be much fun doing it and then everyone just leaves the game.
First, I have a question for you. Is this game supported as single player, or is it supposed to be Multi-Player only??

If it is single player usable, then I think the AI has gotten ahold of those hack codes for extra armies. I have played dozens of different maps, and each game, I go through maybe four to six turns, then the numbers of armies for all computer characters jumps drastically.

On two seperate games, I had a chacter down to ONE area. In one game the character had over 400 armies, and the next turn it had over 800 armies. The other was also down to one area, and had over 600 armies, the next turn it had over 900.

Each began marching across the map like Peter the Great.

It seems as though there may be a code problem with the game.

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:53 pm

take a look to the option. When you start a new game, clic on rules.
select anything else then increase.
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

RichD

Post by RichD » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:24 am

I had already realized that choice would increase the numbers of armies issued, but I did not think it would be 10 fold over what I get doing the same thing. AI goes up 200 300 or 400, I go up 50 or 100.

Will try that though, Thanks.