Wouldn't it be great...

Real time World War II combat simulation
eljuglar

Wouldn't it be great...

Post by eljuglar » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:26 am

if there was a simple editor for firefight?

Sometimes, after playing for a while I want to have fun and try things like tanks that cost 1 credit.

But I can't understand the way to alter the game (specially because there is not a /data folder in my version for some reason).

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:49 pm

It's very odd that you can't seem to locate your Data folder, because without it the game should not even be operational. Are you sure you are using a (fairly) recent version?

Once you got your hands on those files I'm certain you'll that modding vehicles for example is as easy as eating pancakes: thanks to very aptly named variables I believe I only looked into the corresponding help file once. For anything going beyond what that set of parameters can possibly do, or if you need further guidance on how to achieve special results, there also is a Firefight modding wiki, to which I'm afraid I just lost the URL, but I'm sure I (or whoever comes by next) can dig it up.

eljuglar

Post by eljuglar » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:31 pm

TheKangaroo wrote:It's very odd that you can't seem to locate your Data folder, because without it the game should not even be operational. Are you sure you are using a (fairly) recent version?

Once you got your hands on those files I'm certain you'll that modding vehicles for example is as easy as eating pancakes: thanks to very aptly named variables I believe I only looked into the corresponding help file once. For anything going beyond what that set of parameters can possibly do, or if you need further guidance on how to achieve special results, there also is a Firefight modding wiki, to which I'm afraid I just lost the URL, but I'm sure I (or whoever comes by next) can dig it up.

I just realised (by downloading the Firefight 4 demo version) that I may have Firefight 1 :P

I have read in other threads that it is impossible to alter the price of a unit because it depends on it's efficiency. Is there any way to do it? It would be cool to have scenarios that are only tanks against tanks, or tanks against infantry (and maybe add a single infantry unit to your brigade).

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:52 pm

http://firefi.wikispaces.com/Modifying+Units
That's the wiki mentioned above. I have to admit not being too deeply into modding myself, but maybe that helps you along.

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:14 pm

eljuglar wrote:It would be cool to have scenarios that are only tanks against tanks,

you select "new game" and in the game option, you select "only tank"
I need to write something, so i create that signature.