[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - iPad version of Slay?

iPad version of Slay?

Conquer the island

iPad version of Slay?

Postby slicker » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:29 pm

An iPad version would be great :-)
slicker

Postby Sean OConnor » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:38 am

Yes, I'll be looking into that! Shouldn't be too hard.
Sean OConnor

Postby Greg G » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:20 am

Nice!!! I was hoping for a Blackberry Storm version but since I bought the iPad I think my Storm is a phone again :).

Anyway, I've played the iPhone lite version with pixel doubling and it is fun (brings back memories!) but the doubling effect really is pretty lame. I would buy the iPad version for sure!
Greg G

Postby kaycedelson46 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:07 am

Being stressed out and overweight may not be YOUR fault! It's true, a mysterious condition might be to blame. An estimated 70-80% are suffering from this condition, and don't even know it!

kaycedelson46

Postby Sean OConnor » Mon May 24, 2010 10:13 am

Sean OConnor

Postby smgoller » Sat May 29, 2010 11:23 pm

I would defintely love to see this on ipad. Proud owner of the windows mobile and PC versions (though I haven't played them in a while) but so glad to see you made the jump to include iphone/ipad. Now all you need is an android version! :) :)
smgoller

Postby reidme » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:52 pm

Any progress on this front? If you'd like me to test anything on my iPad I'd be happy to (I'd still buy the final version of course.) As you can see, I'm chomping at the bit!
reidme

Postby Sean OConnor » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:30 am

I think I'm going to give up on actually testing it on a real device as my iPad still hasn't been despatched and it sounds like there are no iPads for sale in the UK at the moment. I'll have a final look on the simulator on Monday and then submit it. It'd be great if other people could beta test it for me but it's really hard to do that with iPhones and iPads due to all the copy protection stuff Apple build in to an app. You'd need to configure your device as a development device and then give me the device ID which I'd need to add to my provisioning profile.
Sean OConnor

Postby reidme » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:54 pm

I didn't realize it was that complicated, but let me know when it hits the app store and I'll buy it immediately, test it thoroughly, and report the results to you right away.
reidme

Postby Sean OConnor » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:11 am

Well, I finally got an iPad! My local Apple Store didn't have any in stock and there was still no sign of mine being despatched in the post, but a friend spotted some left in PC World so I rushed down and snapped one up. I tested Slay this morning and everything seems to work OK so I'll get the new version sent off asap. Maybe I should have taken a risk and sent it off days ago! The mini map, buy window and tutorial images are just scaled up smaller ones so they look a bit pixellated but the playing area looks lovely and crisp. I'll leave those for now and update them in a future release.

It's a "universal" app so this new version will work on an iPhone or an iPad so iPhone users will also get all the new features/bug fixes too.
Sean OConnor

Postby reidme » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:00 pm

That's great! The iPad is the most amazing gadget I've ever owned, and having Slay on it will be the icing on the cake!
reidme

Postby Sean OConnor » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:47 pm

It's sent off now, so just waiting on Apple to approve it. I agree with you reidme, the iPad really is pretty neat. I'm really not a gadgety person but it's nice to hit the on button and be browsing on a decent sized screen two seconds later.
Sean OConnor

Postby reidme » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:42 pm

How long does Apple usually take to approve apps? I've been checking the app store several times a day. Should I just hold off for a week or so? Sorry if I'm being a pest, but I'm kind of eager.
reidme

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:40 am

These days they take about a week from when you submit the update. Although this is my first iPad version so I don't know if they are doing them quicker (or struggling to keep up).

Also, if there's anything wrong they reject it and I have to make changes and re-submit. For example, when I first submitted Slay my 57x57 icon didn't look like the 512x512 icon so it got rejected to begin with.

When it is available it should show up automatically on your AppStore updates icon (if you've bought a copy already that is).
Sean OConnor

Postby reidme » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:57 pm

reidme

Next

Return to Slay