Question about modding

Real time World War II combat simulation
welk

Question about modding

Post by welk » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:50 pm

If I want to modify units, or create new units, have I to modify the excell files in the date directory at the same time I modify the txt files ?

If I creat a new unit (i.e B1bis french tank), can I create new graph files in the graphic directory ?

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:23 pm

you simply put your new graph in the "tank" folder in the graphic section.

The excel file is useless. I think that it's only to find faster the info on the tank/arty/infantry...
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

welk

Post by welk » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:35 pm

Ok, thanks. I will examine the system. Perhaps it would be nice to add some weapons : long range rifles grenades, etc

JeanBoule

Post by JeanBoule » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:46 am

welk wrote:Ok, thanks. I will examine the system. Perhaps it would be nice to add some weapons : long range rifles grenades, etc
You cannot modify infantry weapons in this game. It assumes that all rifles of all nationalities perform the same. This is a disappointment, because a japanese bolt-action rifle is definitly NOT the same as a USA semi-automatic Garand.

Likewise Mortars, HMGs, LMGs, grenades.

There is a carbine but no assault rifles like the Sturmgewehr.

I find this annoying when there is a rather silly amount of choice of different AFV models in what is supposed to be an infantry game
Voila du boudin!

welk

Post by welk » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:17 pm

Perhaps Sean O'Connors will improve the game later for this ? I hope. I think it would be good for the FF community players :
1/ To ask with ferocity :twisted: to Mr Sean to improve his game with new functions and features
2/ To pay him the work : why not a pack extension for FF, for 20 us $ ? The total price for the game would be 20+20 = 40 $ : not a bad price for a very great hit, in my opinion.