Wish list and petition for Mr Sean O'Connors

Real time World War II combat simulation
welk

Wish list and petition for Mr Sean O'Connors

Post by welk » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:04 pm

I open here a great petition for Mister Sean O'Connors : Please, accept to upgrade your excellent game to the STEEL PANTHERS standards

I am hard player of the old Steel Panther and I would give some help if necessary

Some samples :(from Steel panthers or not)

1/ Transport infantry by trucks, tanks,etc : possibility to load and unload infantry from tanks and vehicules
2/ Landing barges (to recreate some situations like Normandy 1944)
3/ Medical units (these units could bring medical help to light wounded men and retabish them after a few time)
4/ Medical unit to evacuate heavy wounded men (and have less death casualties at the end)
5/Possibility to detach one officer of PC group, to rally far units, or suppressed units
6/ Possibility to choice weapon wich are firing for each unit : rifles, rifles-grenades, hand-grenades,etc
7/ To introduce new weapons : Rifles grenades, He mines, AP mines placed by infantry,etc
8/ Infantry units should be authrorized to lunch smoke, and mortars units too
9/ Introduce engineers and pionners in the game
10/ Possibility for infantry ti build light trench (during the time of construction, units can not move or fire and they can not
look around : may be surprised by ennemy...
11/ Possibility of individual fire for LMG in squad
12/ Introduce possibility of zoom (with more large graphs in the zoom function)
13/To introduce trucks or jeep, and also infantry mules, transportins light ammo containers to resupply units on the battlefield
14/ To add snipers in oob
15/Possibility to modify weapons or create new weapons as the same process than units with txt files

List to be continued

I would accept to pay a second time, and again a third time, the price of this game with these improvments realized and others... Your game has fabulous possibilities, and I hope you will see these possibilities in the future : this game may become the "new animated Steel Panthers": there is a free place in the heart of Steel panthers players and your game can take it as successor of this old and venerable game.

Please, Mister O'Connors : put you in the work ! :mrgreen:

welk

Post by welk » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:52 am

Now ordered the game by a friend who have a credit card : I can play. This is a really superb game, with a lot of playables scenarios : great product.

I add to to my wish list :

* Possibility to change the cost of units and/or possibility to choice exactly the amount of points for my side and ennemy side
* Possibility to create my own maps with editor, to choice the wind direction, etc : to allow complete scenario creation would be great.

welk

Post by welk » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:53 pm

Other suggestion, for M. Sean O'Connors : To add possibility for the human player to choice exactly the ennemy oob : then, players would be able to recreate scenarios.

I think that if human player could choice exactly what he wants for his side and the ennemy side, it would allow to recreate large battles = more interessant than actual limited editor version. The game is very very fun, but why have you limited it ? It would be more funny if not limited.

The problem of this game is : you have choice between little force for you and great force for ennemy, or great force for you and little for ennemy. Not allowwed to recreate very large battles, with large forces in each side. I have very oft noticed that author of great PC games limit themselve their games, I do not understand why. Please, Mr O'Connors : give us a oob editor, a map editor, ascenario editor. For 20 us $ again, it is not a problem : your game has fabulous possibilities 8)

welk

Post by welk » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:56 am

a suggestion again : to add motorized HQ in the game (jeeps, command cars, etc)

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:03 am

welk wrote:a suggestion again : to add motorized HQ in the game (jeeps, command cars, etc)
yes we already ask it at least one or two time...
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

Perturabo

Post by Perturabo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:27 am

1. Read the forum.
2. See what is asked for since 2004.
3. Despair :lol: .

welk

Post by welk » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:36 am

I never despair 8)

SO, i have a proposition for the Firefight community and Mister O'Connors :

1/ We love this game, it's a great engine
2/ We have paid this game approx 20 $, but I think most of us would accept to pay it a second time with military improvments.

The proposition, based of honesty of S. O'Connors is :

1/ We, the players of Firefight, we send each 15 $ to S. O'Connors, as imm?diate free contribution for the "war effort"
2/ He realize the asked improvments
3/ We buy the new game for 30 $

The total price for the new improved game will be 45 $. When I see other games creator, who sell for 30/40 $ 1,2,3 ... times the same engine to players (cf : HPS simulations -John Tillers, battlefront.com for Strategic Command,etc) I hink it is not excessive. The game of S.O'Connors is great, and I think to pay 45 $ for a great game and millions of maps and scenarios is not so bad price.

Where are you , Mister O'Connors ? We, the Firefight People, have money for you :roll:

Perturabo

Post by Perturabo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:38 pm

You mean all the 100 of us? I think you'd first have to attract more people to Firefight to generate a big enough client base to make putting tons of work into new features a good business decision.

Personally, I try to promote Firefight whenever I meet some tactical game fans on forums.

Now, if you could attract 1000s of Steel Panthers fans...

welk

Post by welk » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Some suggestions to improve interface It would be nice :

1/ to have a little symbol on the faces of suppressed mens (like wounded mens) in the oob screen

2/ in the same oob screen, to dissociate interface symbol of wounded immobilized mens and wounded but not immobilized mens

3/ To see beter the selectionned unit in the screen (a red line around the concerned unit would better work than the actual system : with clear colors of the oob, it is not easy to see very fast where is the selected map unit in the oob screen. If you select a unit on the map, better would be to highlight this unit in the oob screen (or change his number color in apparent red or green, or replace his number by arrow, etc). In the actuazl system, there is just a little change of clear color in the oob screen and player does not see very fast in the oob screen what is the unit he has selected on the map