French Foreign Legion mod (Work in progress)

Real time World War II combat simulation
welk

French Foreign Legion mod (Work in progress)

Post by welk » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:42 am

Nex mod, with french oob and units : screens here
http://www.cyberstratege.com/forum/view ... 810#p48810

Knut

Post by Knut » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:04 am

Wow, nice trucks! I take it they're gun trucks, equipped with HMGs?

Sean has talked in the past about wanting to do pathfinding for the game someday, so that vehicles can follow roads and go around buildings. That would be perfect for your trucks.

welk

Post by welk » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:06 pm

Yes, these trucks will be armed with 12,7mm HMG (but they will have poor armor protection : 0@99)

The more I play the game, the more I think it is better adapted to the counter guerilla battle than to classic battles In the French Legion mod, human player will have choice between 4 oob level to play : at global level, he will command 1 or 2 cies, at "individual" level, he will command 1 or 2 combat group

Lannes

Post by Lannes » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:55 am

Honneur et fid?lit? :wink:

Good job padawan
Christophe

welk

Post by welk » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:10 pm

:wink:

And coming soon : new missions for human side : in addition of basic missions (conquer or defend objective), in addition of new convoy missions (trucks, civilian to conduct in safety), I implanted new missions : to defend based aircraft or provisory damaged aircrafts. These aircrafts have a cost of 7 and no capacity of move, they are without weapons and they have poor armor protection (0@90). So, the first ennemy gun shot will be fatal for them and your mission will be : to protect !

On the other side : I will create for the ennemy oob the same aircrafts with same parameters and very high probability of building by IA. Your mission will be : to found them and to destroy them

This new system og mission goals will be applied for other elements (immobilized trucks, supply depots, buildings to protect)

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:25 pm

tr?s beau travail!
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

welk

Post by welk » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Thanks. :wink: It takes time, but I hope that Sean O' Connors will see all things that can be made with the game, and perhaps he will a day do a special extension pack with all features we ask for :roll: This game has a fabulous potential, and after buying it, I do not play longer Steel Panther : after Firefight "stress", it is hard to play again with Steel Panther, that is very slow and not "punchy". I think that without a very hard work, Sean O 'Connors could add some interessant features in the game. Themore we ask that, the more we work to mod the game, the more we have chances to obtain satisfaction (with some dollars, in addition :)

Perturabo

Post by Perturabo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:33 am

Hope is the first step to disappointment.

welk

Post by welk » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:45 pm

and disappointment is last steep before to hope again :P One day, I am sure, the little Sean O'Connors will come again in the world, and this day will be a beautifull day for all firefight players and they will birth again :twisted:

Perturabo

Post by Perturabo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Hey, welk.
Armored Brigade (a freeware Real Time Simulation on similar level of command as Steel Panthers) is now moddable. I think it would be a much better platform for a post-WWII combat mod.

I'm making a Sci-Fi mod for it.