Iphone finance update

Conquer the island
Joe CPA

Iphone finance update

Post by Joe CPA » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:26 pm

When playing on the iPhone how can you tell the area's profit/loss DURING the turn? So I start the turn and it shows a profit of like 50. But I buy a few things for that area and it still shows a profit of 50, but then on the next turn all my guys die because I didn't realize I overextended the area. Is there a way to see the profit during the turn?

Thanks,
Joe

Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:33 pm

and you are a CPA?

You add up the cost of the men in the territory in your head. Check that it is going to cost less than the territory earns plus dollars in the kitty. There are times when it is desirable to be cash flow negative.

DarJones

Spacehulk

Post by Spacehulk » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:02 am

Fusion_power wrote:and you are a CPA?

You add up the cost of the men in the territory in your head. Check that it is going to cost less than the territory earns plus dollars in the kitty. There are times when it is desirable to be cash flow negative.

DarJones

A guy comes and asks for advice and this is how you respond?

You sir, are not a nice person.

Teh OP is trying to make it easier without resorting to math. This game is addicting but one of hte most annoying things is that you ahve to do math when it should be done form you.

In the case the OP is asking about, If you forget your income after you start buying guys, you either have to undo everything or start counting hexes. Counting hexes sucks and it would be pretty F'in easy for the computer to do it for you.

I take it even furhter than the OP. You should be able to click on ANY territory and the "income" should be available. When I cut a territory in half, I should KNOW if the men in that area are going to starve without resorting to counting hexes.

Now is the part where you can start calling me names.

Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:07 pm

Space,

I don't engage in petty name calling. I do get tired of answering questions that can be easily answered by the player. For example, one person came on the cmass forum and wanted to know how to "save" his player and resurrect him if he died. I gave him enough of a hint that he could easily have figured out the steps to modify the registry. That wasn't enough. I wound up having to spell out step by step how to do the changes. That overall attitude of "just tell me the answer, don't make me work for it" is IMO a major failing in our world today. So for you, are you part of the solution? or are you part of the problem?

The request is to see the income and cost of a territory by clicking that territory thereby relieving the player of having to do so manually. It could be done easily enough with little overall change in game play. Put in a request and see what Sean says.

DarJones

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:08 pm

I'm with Fusion Power on this one.

Think, people, think!
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!