[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - iPad version sound is always at max volume

iPad version sound is always at max volume

Conquer the island

iPad version sound is always at max volume

Postby Martoon » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:43 am

This was mentioned in , but it was buried down in the thread and was posted quite some time ago, so I suspect Sean hasn't seen it.

On my iPad 2, the game sounds are always at full volume, regardless of what I have the iPad volume set to. So the only options are to have the sound very loud (which is annoying to other people around), or to have the sound muted entirely. I don't know if it does this on other iOS devices (I just have the iPad 2).
Martoon

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:25 pm

Sorry about that! I use the very basic sound player on iOS and in earlier versions of iOS that was controlled by the volume switch, but they changed that around 4.0ish.

I had a quick search in some forums and found this:

"I had the same problem getting SystemSound to respect the volume buttons but found a setting in "Settings"/"Sounds"/"Ringer and Alerts"/"Change With Buttons" that was "OFF" by default. Switching that to "ON" made it work."

As I do updates I'll start using OpenAL to play the sounds rather than the simple iPhone sound player.
Sean OConnor

Postby Martoon » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:19 pm

Martoon

Return to Slay