whats wrong with the server?

Conquer the island
jesse

whats wrong with the server?

Post by jesse » Fri May 27, 2011 4:07 am

hey sean man whats wrong with the permanent server...man its pissing me off we have 3-4 ppl that play slay online and cant now...dude fix the server

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Fri May 27, 2011 12:59 pm

I think the problem is that sometimes my ISP will drop my IP number. I try and reboot the permanent servers most days so that they restart and then get the correct IP number. I've just rebooted so hopefully it'll be working again now.

jesse

server

Post by jesse » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:39 pm

bro reboot the server again plz

Tamanders

How do I connect?

Post by Tamanders » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:41 am

Running W7 SP1 64bit

I opened port 4873 on my firewall and forwarded it to my lan IP address. I created an inbound rule and an outbound rule in the firewall to allow slay.exe. I still don't see any servers. Do I need to input the IP address of the server manually? If so, please tell it to me.
Do what you feel in your heart to be right-for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't. --Eleanor Roosevelt--

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:08 pm

You only need to do the port forwarding thing if you want to set up as a server yourself. You don't need to do it if you want to connect to someone else's server (including my own "Permanent Server"). The Permanent Server should be there all the time but sometimes by ISP changes my IP number or the router goes wrong and I need to re-start it.

Tamanders

Post by Tamanders » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Ah, I see it now. Thanks for the clarification.
Do what you feel in your heart to be right-for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't. --Eleanor Roosevelt--