When will you be undoing the update for Slay on iOS?

Conquer the island
GronkDaMage

When will you be undoing the update for Slay on iOS?

Post by GronkDaMage » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:19 pm

Cuz simply put, the graphics are horrid. :( You went from a 5 star game, to a 2 star on the apple store. :(

I realize you probably worked hard on these, but please give us (in the very least) the older graphics as an option.

Sean OConnor

Re: When will you be undoing the update for Slay on iOS?

Post by Sean OConnor » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:20 pm

I sent an update off a week ago (so it should get approved any moment now) which has the old-style regular hexagon shapes. The isometric shaped hexagons are now an option (turned off by default).

Hopefully people will be happy with that as the new isometric shaped ones don't seem to have gone down well at all!

GronkDaMage

Post by GronkDaMage » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:54 am

Sweet!!!!!! The new graphics were a good idea; they just made the game harder to play. :(

Thanks!

johncna

Post by johncna » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:36 pm

I'll chime in on this, too. I use the iOS version on my iPod Touch and iPad. Love the game!
I have not and will not purchase the Windows version for my laptop because the Win graphics and game play is very poor compared to the original iOS version.
Imagine my dismay now that the iOS version has the same cheesy graphics as Windows. Even the gameplay is different. :cry:
I have hardly touched Slay on my iTouch since.
Thank goodness I did not get the update on the iPad.

Ackkca

Post by Ackkca » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:56 am

You mention that when Isometric hexagons is off the old style regular hexagons will show up. This is not what I am seeing on my iPad. What I am seeing are the new hexagons in what looks like a 2D mode. Have tried all sorts of combinations of Theme and Color Scheme with the Isometric hexagons off but the old-style regular hexagon shapes never show up.
I have even tried reinstalling Slay, but still can not get old hexagon shapes.

Also, I thought I read in the 3.0 notes some thing about unlimited undos. Not seeing this. Once I press End Turn, it is not undoing to the prior turns moves. Did I read this wrong?

Wots

Post by Wots » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:30 pm

I too hate the new updated graphics. I used to play this game daily, now I can't :cry: I realize you are trying to Improve it but please at least give the options of the old graphics, it is easier to distinguish between us an each enemy...

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:19 am

I've made a new "Classic" theme which uses the old style graphic objects. I'll send that off soon but it'll take at least a week for Apple to approve the update.

Wots

Post by Wots » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:31 am

Great thanks I'll keep a lookout for it. Also, would you be able to create some MEGA maps? Thinking here is that whilst I am slowly conquering one side of the map an AI is becoming a major force on the other where we will finally meet and dual against very strong opponents :?:

Shadowkrar

Post by Shadowkrar » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Dear Sean O'Connor, after nearly one year, we still do not have the option to play this game with the old graphics. After one year of this thread, still your apps is rates 2 stars as many of the old player like me rate it badly.

Sean OConnor wrote:I sent an update off a week ago (so it should get approved any moment now) which has the old-style regular hexagon shapes. The isometric shaped hexagons are now an option (turned off by default). Hopefully people will be happy with that as the new isometric shaped ones don't seem to have gone down well at all!

Players are not talking just of the old-style regular hexagon shapes, they are talking of the new graphics, that they do not like. Indeed you surely spent a lot of time on these new designs, but letting the majority of your customers happy again to play the old version of your game should be a priority.

Slay is simply my favorite game between a plane, in taxis or during travels. But the only way for us who hates the new version is to install the old app into itunes folder. But if you make the mistake to click on the updates all apps then, you have no choice but to do that again. that's what unfortunatly happened to me today, and as I am actually in hollidays, I will be stuck with this new version that I do not wish to play until I can erase it again.

We paid for a game that is now not enjoyable anymore. Hundred of customers let this comments on the itune store. Please give us the option to play the game with love with the old graphics you also designed.

many thanks in advance.