Bug with palm trees

Conquer the island

Bug with palm trees

Postby ajax » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:16 pm

I have noticed that sometimes when palm trees spread from one AI territorie to another AI territorie, it gets delayed by 1 day-(no men,buildings,trees or crosses are in the way, just clear path to the tree-spreading)
I was also ajacent to these 2 territories, and I got the palmtrees without any delay.

Does anyone know more about this bug?
ajax

Re: Bug with palm trees

Postby Fusion_power » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:49 am

I've watched it quite a bit and was confused over it too. A tree has to be one day old before it can propagate. Pay close attention to the territories that have adjacent trees and you will find that the trees originated on different days in the game and one of the trees involved has not yet reached a day old.

DarJones
Fusion_power

Re: Bug with palm trees

Postby ajax » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:31 pm

Thank you very much, makes more sense now. It happend on island#1, and the 3 players was me, yellow and teal, the turn-order was me first, then yellow and last teal. So teal was the "infested" one. When I looked in my turn teal had a palm-tree, but according to you it was still a "young" tree, so next yellows turn--no change--. Then teals turn, now making the tree "old", then my turn --the tree spreads to me-- :D

When I first looked at it it seemed like the Ai was cheating, so Im happy to see the truth now.

Talking about island#1, Im so proud I discovered a weird strategy, and was able to cut my best time down from 22 to 20:
on the smal setlement just right of the center, insteed of taking a tempting hex, and increasing the hex-area to 4, I instead keept the peason inside the house for like 2 or 3 turns, then my big neighbor send a spearman all the way right to make a huge connected territory, and BAAM I send out the peason to cut off the spearman, this big damage to my annoying neighbor, improved my time with 2 days :D :D
ajax

Return to Slay