sunday slay match for March 20 : possible bug

Conquer the island
gruff

sunday slay match for March 20 : possible bug

Post by gruff » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:52 am

Well seven people showed up this Sunday to play net Slay. One person had to opt out of course, and we played what I think is the first 6 human player game in Slay's history. We used the DW-Great Lakes map. It was very enjoyable, with seesawing and treaties made and broken left and right. An intense game - can anyone post some screenshots?

Unfortunately just we were reaching the endgame, Slay seized up. One player had surrendered and disconnected some time ago, and another player had surrendered but was still observing. Then he disconnected, but his disconnection alert identified him as the player who had left earlier. After that, the server could see all messages but no-one else could see other people's messages. Also, the server showed it as the next player's turn but the other players saw it as the same player's turn, who had hit End Turn but whose game also froze.

Dave W

Post by Dave W » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:18 am

Bummer!

My disconnect must have been a time-out of some kind, as I was downstairs, having supper, watching "The Incredibles". Sorry to hear that the game was not brought to a satisfying (for someone) conclusion.

Let's Slay again soon!

-Dave

gruff

Post by gruff » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:59 pm

That's very interesting, I'd never heard of anyone being timed out before. That may have been what happened when we were all connected but waiting on Bryce for like 15 minutes, then when I started the game it crashed.