Impossible Games?

Conquer the island

Impossible Games?

Postby cnberg » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:51 am

I'm completely stuck on #157 with version 5. The dark greens win every time and I'm nearly always the first colour to lose. Any suggestions?
cnberg

Re: Impossible Games?

Postby cnberg » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:53 pm

So 45 reviews but no answers!

So is everyone else stuck on #157? Actually I've progressed a bit and can last out now coming 3rd but never looking like I'm in a position to win.
cnberg

Postby Fusion_power » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:25 pm

You can win all levels on all versions of slay up to and including the latest version that Sean designed so that it selectively attempts to "cut off" any possible enemies.

Do some due diligence, learn how to play.

DarJones
Fusion_power

Postby jpmutant » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:01 pm

I have worked my way through all of the challenge games at expert level. I still have a handful in each island group that I can't beat, and I am working on patience and due diligence. I was thinking that it would be useful to have a good terminology base to work from to describe how to beat an island. Does anyone know of a good system for hex mapped games? Here is what I thought of:
1) Imagine a rectangle that would enclose the entire island and extend the hexes to fill the rectangle.
2) Count across the top of the map with alphabetical labels and down the left side with numerical labels. Keep the labels lined up following the stagger of the hexes. The top left corner is A1. The hex below it would be A3. The top hex in the next column would be B2 and the hex below it would be B4.
3) Each move would be described by first giving the hex address of the Home for the area to be selected, then either M for move, C for create, or P for promote, then the hex where the action happens.

As I describe this, it all sounds hopelessly tedious, and it might just be more fun to let Dark Green win a few more times until I figure out the way to beat him. :)
jpmutant

Return to Slay