how to force android version to save progress

Conquer the island

how to force android version to save progress

Postby fraterpotens » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:01 pm

I have searched the forums but have not found a solution
The game often loses my progress when it goes to the lock screen.
I am sure there is some sort of work around though, some manual way to force it to save.
I know it can save my progress because I have been reset to turn 3 on the same map 5 plays in a row.
So somehow I got it to save at turn 3, but I can't for the life of me figure out how.
Pressing the home button and then opening the game again does not save progress, I pick up where I was but after a few more turns the baby starts crying and I put down the phone, after the time out I come back and it has forgotten all my moves.
Love the game, but it is driving me crazy,
Andrew
fraterpotens

Re: how to force android version to save progress

Postby Wheely » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:08 pm

have the same problem. I feel that Android development on this app has kind of ground to a halt. Shame really.

However,I have found that the game actually does save its state when you press the back button. If I am expecting something weird to happen on my phone, like maybe receiving a telephone call then I press the back button twice to exit the app and then start it up again. Then, if the game is interrupted it will start where you last saved it. It is no solution but it does help.
Wheely

Postby fraterpotens » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:40 pm

Thanks!
back button does save progress.
not a perfect system but at least workable
thanks!
fraterpotens

Postby nikkil » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:50 pm

Thanks guys! I have given up on this. I thought this was not really possible. I didn't even think about trying the back button.
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image
nikkil

Return to Slay