[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Slay 6.0 Final for Windows

Slay 6.0 Final for Windows

Conquer the island

Slay 6.0 Final for Windows

Postby Colossus » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi Sean

Was the development of Slay 6.0 Submitted for Windows ?

Could you tell me When Slay may be 6.0 Final Released.

Thank you very much
Colossus

Re: Slay 6.0 Final for Windows

Postby Hephi » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:44 pm

ow, I'm still playing 4.2 :s
Where can I get the v6?
Hephi

Postby nikkil » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:16 pm

I don't think it's out already.I believe it's still under development.
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image
nikkil

Postby Sean OConnor » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:14 pm

The new version of Slay is basically finished and you can get it from here:

http://tinyurl.com/windowsgames-slay-beta-6-0

I held off from making it the "official" version you get when you buy the game as I'm worried that some people don't have the correct helper DLLs that you need (even if you have DirectX installed!). I want my games to run straight away from any vanilla Windows computer without people having to download and install any extra DLLs. My long term plan is to use Direct2D which is installed as standard in Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. That will mean ditching support for Windows XP but I guess its marker share is only going to drop from no on.

If you want the latest non-DirectX version please send me an email at sean@windowsgames.co.uk
Sean OConnor

Postby haynz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:46 am

haynz

Postby haynz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:19 pm

p.e.: i don't know if Chess would be playable if u would use this 3D-perspective and these eye-cancer producing 3D-colors :?
Maybe it's possible to ad a "retro-view"-Theme to new Slay with the grafic-setup of 5.0a? (but with End-Button on Bottom PLEASE! Maybe u can add a second End-Button in map in Retro-view-theme)
An Options Button is missing too - or do u want to keep this grey-bar?
Hope u didn't gave someone Money to do this new Style ....
But the Mouse-Focus should really include the "Sprites"(Soldiers&Castles&Trees) - that would help much i guess ;)

regards,
alex

EDIT: Forgot: We have all widescreens now ;) .... even at old Slay i still need to use a programm called "Screen-Mode-Switch" to change resolution - and ad DVI that doesn't look too well .... why didn't u do the recomended Updates (Resolution&Network-Mode) we told u years ago? And i still would be happy about a Retro-Slay for Android !!! (the existing one is unplayable - uninstalled after 5 minutes....)
haynz

Postby TBpnav » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Hi Sean,

I played and love slay for many years now, but I have the same opinion like Alex! The 3D view is terrible and not necessary for that kind of games!!!
It would be much more important to add more features that are multiplayer friendly for example to reconnect if the connection it down (two players) or the option to have player statitics like winning ratio, number of network games...
Also it would be a good option if a player can leave a time table when he is waiting for players. There are not a lot of players arround any more, so it is hard to find players online. If you really what to go the new beta version, please add a classic view - it is not playable with this view.
In multiplayer games the last player has big advantages, this should also be fixed. The last player gets to much income in the first round, and mostly can win.

I still hope that you spend the version 5.x a few more news features around the mulitplayer theme.

Best R.
Tobias
TBpnav

Postby Slugsie » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Another long time player here (since v1). I've been playing v3.3 for ages now and it's great.

Just tried out v6, and it's dreadful. The '3D' view makes it almost unplayable. I can't see what's going on properly, when the board gets busy almost every piece is behind another piece. Shrink the characters so they basically fit inside a hexagon and it'll be a lot better. Also, the sound effects are really really annoying. It also seems to be a lot slower than it used to be. Waiting for my turn to come around again against the computer definitely takes longer.

However, it's not all bad. I like the way it outlines the current territory. I like the graphic information. I like that it shows me quickly where I can attack.

Make a theme that looks like v3.3 (or v5, if that's essentially the same) and it'll be great.
Slugsie

Postby CompterGuy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:26 pm

I am waiting to install the slay 6.0 version in my new PC. So can someone tell me when the new version will be out and how can I download the same to my computer? I need step by step instructions as I am not aware about the installation or not a computer savy.

Thanks
CompterGuy

Postby PatWilliams » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:39 am

I am also stuck in version 2 and waiting to know when the version 6 will be released. I read a news article about slay 6 that it is going to be released very soon. Hope you guys will share the information when it is shared and will share the download links too.

Fix outlook errors
www.outlookhelptech.com
PatWilliams

Return to Slay