Too expensive!!!

A boardgame of world domination
Leon

Post by Leon » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:17 am

The whole package for $ 40 is a fantastic deal.

I have spent numerous hours playing some Conquest and mostly Slay. What I appreciate is the availability of so many maps so it's always a new challenge. Another very nice aspect is to change the number of players or to choose a different level of play (from easy to hardest) and in Conquest you can even modify the play characteristics of each player.

All in all, I would say that the whole package is actually 'dirt cheap' for all these advantages.

The only thing I regret is that I am not able to interest some friends and family because I cannot demonstrate the game on a local network without additionnal license. And I am not going to buy an extra license just to demonstrate the game occasionally ... If at all possible technically, it would be wise to allow play on a local network but require the extra license only for internet games. It would assist the marketing.

leon (a very happy customer)
Intelligence is a tool to fight the forces of evil.

qwas

Re: price

Post by qwas » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:18 pm

sid6.7 wrote:these games are cheap guys...go to the store and you'll
pay at least 20$ for any game...yes there are 10$ games
out there but few are any good...

sean has made alot of his games customizable which i believe
warrants the 20$ plus life time updates...alot of games do not
do this...

the networking can only be a plus too..

Freeware games are normally terrible (no offence about UFO's but I haven't played it for ages)
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2

qwas

Post by qwas » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:20 pm

UGMC wrote:Sadly, I have to continue on that this game is too expensive. Warfare incorporated, another GREAT game for just about any handheld, caught my attention all summer. And at $30, that was a good deal. It was extensive with graphics, plot, etc. It also had multiplayer play over bluetooth and internet.

Although I've tucked Warfare away, and although I've played the demo conquest about 200 times, I think $20 is far too high. I must admit, it is a good game to be created by only one person. However, lowering the price $10 dollars would be wise, I think. Most of the other software sold at places like Pocket Gear go for less than ten, and I do believe they are of equivilant value.

Another feature of Warfare I loved... level editor. I like the way you can make your own maps in Conquest. I even made one of my own, although I was unable to test it. Please, if not for my sake, make the game cheaper so others can play my level.

Sean would be bankrupt if he lowered prices! Other companies have LOADS more games to make money from.

oldskool

Post by oldskool » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:40 am

Indeed. I enjoyed the little bit of Conquest I played, and I was thrilled with Football-o-saurus, so I took the chance and ordered all of the games.

Turns out now I'm addicted to Slay, I played The General to death and I'm still playing Footballosaurus and Conquest, as well as occasionally playing the other games.

All in all it was a wise investment.

qwas

Post by qwas » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:02 am

qwas wrote:
UGMC wrote:Sadly, I have to continue on that this game is too expensive. Warfare incorporated, another GREAT game for just about any handheld, caught my attention all summer. And at $30, that was a good deal. It was extensive with graphics, plot, etc. It also had multiplayer play over bluetooth and internet.

Although I've tucked Warfare away, and although I've played the demo conquest about 200 times, I think $20 is far too high. I must admit, it is a good game to be created by only one person. However, lowering the price $10 dollars would be wise, I think. Most of the other software sold at places like Pocket Gear go for less than ten, and I do believe they are of equivilant value.

Another feature of Warfare I loved... level editor. I like the way you can make your own maps in Conquest. I even made one of my own, although I was unable to test it. Please, if not for my sake, make the game cheaper so others can play my level.

Sean would be bankrupt if he lowered prices! Other companies have LOADS more games to make money from.

All of the games is worth over $100! and for non-Windows only $3 more! Anyway, you get alot for ONLY $20.

JackAttack

Post by JackAttack » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:28 am

Sean should listen to what people are saying...

I have a feeling Sean would make SCADS more money if he lowered the price to $9.99. I think many more people would be willing to purchase the game, more than double.

Personally I feel though that it is a pride issue with him - $20 sets him at a certain level. I'll buy today at $9.99 - but never at $20.

JA

qwas

Post by qwas » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:59 am

Get Rats if you like, it's ?9, but, 2 people not buying, that ISENT tons less money, guys, am I on my own?

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:45 pm

It is well worth it.

It took me awhile to scrounge the cash, but I think I've spent as much(and likely a lot more) time playing the $40 windows games pack as I spent playing Halo, which I spent 50 bucks on. I was posting on the boards for a long time with just the demos, and wished it was cheaper, but when I bought it... Words cannot describe how well spent that cash was. In hindsight, I'd pay that fourty dollars for Critical Mass if I had to just to continue playing. The prices are good, especially if you buy the whole $40 pack.

qwas

Post by qwas » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:45 am

UGMC wrote:200 times is an exaggeration, probably. And if I forked out ten cents every time I played the game, I'd delete it from my PPC. Still, I think $20 is too much considering what else there is out there.

And, Warring States I played at least 2000 times. And it's freeware.

We KNOW there are free games out there (Like America's Army, a personal liking) BUT these HUGE companies (not as big as the rapidly growing Tesco!) get LOADS of income from other things, if Sean made his games freeware and it is his only income, there would be NO more games and upgrades, Sean, would starve (damn, there isen't a crying smiley like MSN Messenger), and bills, he would still starve with a half his current income, 3 people, $60 (In America, LONG LIVE ENGLAND)
that isen't a big loss, but more customers, he wouuld still NEVER get double his income (we need more people in this areguement, SEAN, can you explain death) No food, SEAN ISENT AN IMMORTAL ALIEN!! (SEAN, explain your financial status plz) I end this with, you are POOR, P-O-O-R (and sad, SOOOOOOOOO sad)

qwas

Post by qwas » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:48 am

UGMC wrote:That's where I disagree; I see productrs similair to Conquest at a lower price, not a higher one. (I've seen computerized games of Risk in the store, for the PC, for $3.99)

But I can understand your point with Sean, I was aware of that too. Hence my apology.

Proably OLD, I mean, most new games for computers are online

qwas

Post by qwas » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:48 am

UGMC wrote:That's where I disagree; I see productrs similair to Conquest at a lower price, not a higher one. (I've seen computerized games of Risk in the store, for the PC, for $3.99)

But I can understand your point with Sean, I was aware of that too. Hence my apology.

Proably OLD, I mean, most new games for computers are online, especcially simple ones

qwas

Post by qwas » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:53 am

Sean O'Connor wrote:
rich12545 wrote:Hmmm, I've noticed the dollar is down to the Euro but have no idea where it is to the pound.

It's ?1 = $1.90 at the moment and dropping like a stone. See:

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/fds/hi/business/market_data/currency/11/12/three_month.stm

At least I payed you ?'s, I'm from England

qwas

Post by qwas » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:55 am

UGMC wrote:Wow... tough forum-members. I still think $20 is too much, but I'll live with it.

Finnaly buying it, eh!, were just standing up for Sean ('cept Sean can probably stand up higher than me!!) (am I the only one using qoute on this message)

qwas

Post by qwas » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:57 am

24va wrote:I was going to snivel about the price, but after reading through Sean's comments, I won't.

And I must admit, that these games have been around for A LONG time and Sean is continueing to update them and make them better. So for lifetime upgrades, a developer that has been around for a while and improvements, yeah I guess it is worth the $20USD.

All the Windows Games in one go (without discounts) could cost ?100!! (can't you rise the price in dollars so it's fair for the Brits?)

qwas

Post by qwas » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:57 am

[quote="24va"]I was going to snivel about the price, but after reading through Sean's comments, I won't.

GOOD