need help with ship design glitch

Command a squadron of spaceships
Goblinarcher

need help with ship design glitch

Post by Goblinarcher » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:49 am

i was trying to make a turret in the ship designer on current full version of c.m. (3d version?) it screwd up and deleated all my ship designs and now has the turret listed 4 times with a whole bunch of dividers. when i delete it all it just comes right back. what can i do to fix this and is this bug gonna be in the new version?

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Turret?

Post by Fighter_Ace » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:05 am

How would you even use a turret? Those are for defence not ship designs. Though it would be cool if Sean made the game so you could make your own turrets and civilians! Sorry I didn't really answer your question. Good luck with it, though!
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Goblinarcher

Post by Goblinarcher » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:37 am

i just mostly wanted to see if setting the class as turret would allow the random turrets in missions be custom turrets. also the ship designer is fun to dink around in. its absolutly brilliant.

Sean OConnor

Re: need help with ship design glitch

Post by Sean OConnor » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:41 am

Goblinarcher wrote:i was trying to make a turret in the ship designer on current full version of c.m. (3d version?) it screwd up and deleated all my ship designs and now has the turret listed 4 times with a whole bunch of dividers. when i delete it all it just comes right back. what can i do to fix this and is this bug gonna be in the new version?

I've virtually re-written everything for version 4.0 so I'm hoping that this bug has gone away. I'm just waiting on the last of the graphics files now before the whole game is finished so hopefully it will be ready this weekend (October 2nd)