[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - UGLY GRAPHICS : SLAY FORMER 5 STARS ITUNES RATING IS GONE !

UGLY GRAPHICS : SLAY FORMER 5 STARS ITUNES RATING IS GONE !

Conquer the island

UGLY GRAPHICS : SLAY FORMER 5 STARS ITUNES RATING IS GONE !

Postby Shadowkrar » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Dear Sean O' Connor,

Nearly 3 years passed and you never ever gave the possibility to your customers, the one who actually bought the first IOS versions of SLAY, to be able to play the original graphics as they repeatedly asked you on Itunes and on this forum. We purchased a game that we cannot play anymore. (Without pasting into Itunes an earliest version of Slay into it and praying not to push the "update all APP" button by mistake)

()

I am pretty sure your game is not played by kids but by adults. A mature audience means busy working adults who are not looking for kiddish games, too complicated or too time consuming ones... But simple graphic designs, real smart AI (in the case of strategic games) : Slay used to be exactly just that.

I have arguments :

(only a 2 star rating because previous customers rated the early versions 5 stars !)

- Did you seriously took a minute to simply read the feedback let by your customers on Itunes ?? Did you ever noticed all the 1 star rates from your old customers who clearly told you these graphics are horrible, that you simply spoiled their favorite games ? No smoke without fire : why don't you ask around ? Make a real market study with a sample of at least 5 persons around you who never played it. Give to them the old IOS slay version, and then the new ugly one, you will maybe finally open your eyes.

- You may stubornly think you improved Slay graphics... when you just actually made them ugly. (Like the useless seashores "moving" for example) or you are too stubborn to simply come back on your mistake because these ugly graphics took you actually a lot of time to design. We thank you for your efforts but we simply, most of us do not like these ugly grapphics : Your original graphics were simple but appealing, attracting. These new ones are HORRIBLE.

- Customers gave you a clear feedback : the new graphics are UGLY but you still continue to advertising your game with them and do not allow the old one to be back... This simply a bad and stupid business decision : you are maybe a very skilled and great programmer, but apparently a bad businessman. Indeed, I am pretty sure you are loosing so many potential customers because many of them simply don't even bother to inslal slay lite or directly desinstall it after testing these ugly graphics. Too bad, they simply miss one of the greatest gamed ever invented without even knowing it.

You destroyed the excitment of playing SLAY, and you are losing so much potential sales.

- Just give what customers actually need, and make and enjoy your money. Indeed you can bet you could make so much more money out of the sales of Slay and in app purchases If you would give me for example the opportunity to play your new versions with the EXACT original graphics, i would gladly purchase 500 euros all these new maps !

(By the way, you are stupid to sell all these maps so cheap. This is a game that player plays for years. I am playing the hundred of original Slayp maps for years, trying to reduced my scores at a minimum for each map. Price of purchasing so many maps, meaning hundred of hours of play for so cheap is so really irrationnal. Sell Slay cheap, then the uldate very expensive, pleayer loving your game won't hesitate)

Even more upsetting, I noticed that the new version of Slay prevent the Ipad players to play in landscape mode, locked in vertical mode. This should be fixed.

Best regards and thanks for the hours of excitment for your ORIGINAL IOS Slay version !

(Please do not think this is the crazy yearly complaint of a nerd, yes I just updated once more and by mistake all my app in itunes again. I make probably a lot more than you do. Busy businessman who love the first IOS versions of Slay, and one of the only little game that I allow myself to play in planes, taxis...)
Shadowkrar

Re: UGLY GRAPHICS : SLAY FORMER 5 STARS ITUNES RATING IS GON

Postby Sauron » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:10 am

He's not losing me; I love the game and the simple graphics; I am a bit upset that Sean would make the Sauron level unwinable
Sauron

Postby Fusion_power » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:38 am

I've beaten every level on every version of slay that Sean has released... and a few that he didn't.
Fusion_power

Postby Sauron » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:58 am

No way; I've beat every level on the iPad including the purchased games except Sauron; do you have any tips for me to beat it?
Sauron

Return to Slay