beat 5 clever comps with 3 units

Defeat your enemies and conquer the world

beat 5 clever comps with 3 units

Postby dg99 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:51 am

I figured out that unless you're so boxed in to where you get killed in the first few turns, you can beat the game with nothing more than paratroops and bombers.

Expand as quickly as you can with paratroops only, and when you run into the other players garrison 3 armies into each city (to ensure that they alone can blow away an attacking army within 2 turns) and then start producing bombers, except for 1-2 cities producing paratroops. Keep targeting clusters of units and cities, and immediately land paratroops next to newly opened cities. Make it a priority to hit the strongest player because once it gets too big, it will be producing bombers also.

The trick is to destroy much more with each blast than the 12-point bomber you use costs to replace, which is not too hard since it affects a 5x5 area.
dg99

Re: beat 5 clever comps with 3 units

Postby SequelaRick » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:39 pm

It might be interesting to play a game against you. My approach is to use just 1 or 2 transports and tanks in the beginning and follow up with destroyers, then jets, and then subs. I almost never use paratroops, bombers, aircraft carriers or battleships.
SequelaRick

Postby dg99 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:22 am

5 different units? Too complicated for me. ;-)

If I were playing a human, I'd have to probably do it like you, though. You'd be smart enough to not cluster your stuff together for my bombings to be as effective.
dg99

Postby dg99 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:13 pm

Try map 17, 40x40 (on clever, of course!)

4 of the 5 opponents start attacking you right away.

There's a way to beat it with bombers and paratroops about 40% of the time, but you have to follow a precise script and there's no tolerance for screwups (shot down bombers) in the first 50 turns or so. The key is to blast teal off of its 6-city island to the NW (there are only 15 on the map).

You first need to create parking spaces (safe from planes) for your Bs and Ps, so take green's closest island to the NE first, then purple's to the SW, then hit teal. Apart from those two, don't attack anyone until you have teal's island, because you need them to help distract teal.

Teal will soon be hitting you with its own Bs, so you only have a small window of opportunity before it wipes you out.
dg99

Return to Mother Of All Battles