[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Dull Demo!

Dull Demo!

Command a squadron of spaceships

Dull Demo!

Postby Fighter_Ace » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:48 pm

Sean,
I've played your latest demo for CM but I already have the game. I compared the two (the demo and the real thing) and found a something that really bugs me! If I had not bought all your games, I probably wouldn't have just bought CM by its self. Your demo for CM is too limited! My solution would be to attach a info file to the demo saying what the whole version contains. Also you should include that you give out free updates. Then not only would you let customers get a good idea of what their getting, but you would not get any more constant questions about updates. It might be a good idea.
Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Postby jcastro » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:25 pm

Maybe Sean should include two demo levels with the first one being simple and the second one being a little hardcore, but the user can't do more than that. When I played a demo for Critical Mass on "Galaxy of Games" it was pretty good with lots of enemy ships. The demo level on Critical Mass is a bit limited, I have to agree. You want to truly hook in the customers and draw them in with bait of more challenging and fun levels and the fact that you can design and use your own ships and missions! All of that is pretty enticing, in my opinion. I get kinda bored on Critical Mass and if I haven't experienced the better demo on "Galaxy of Games" and was only exposed to level 1 in Critical Mass, I would not likely purchase that game. Slay is fun, but 5 maps might be better (a small or medium size map) and then with info about how large the maps can get. I think I remember playing Slay or something similar that had Europe, the Middle East, and maybe Northern Africa and it was a nice sized map that was really fun to play and I was wanting MORE. Perhaps Sean will think about that in the future. Have a great day everyone!

, jcastro
jcastro

Postby Old Man Johnson » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:44 am

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Return to Critical Mass