A mega drone was wingleader!

Command a squadron of spaceships
Steve!

A mega drone was wingleader!

Post by Steve! » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:06 am

In a enemy squaderon containing no less than 5 warriors (maybe more) a mega drone was wingleader, which my wingmate blasted first pass! Then all the warriors hyperspaced!

Why was the wingleader in a mega drone?

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:11 pm

Once, in a Major Engagement mission, one of my ally squadrons was 2 Nightmares, a Warrior, and a Shark led by a Bug. Talk about sad. They ended up hyperspacing almost immediately.
My webcomic:

Steve!

Post by Steve! » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:55 pm

This is crazy, the missions are currently really easy, because the enemy keep hyperspacing away. I've won attack enemy planet and attack sector base with no real trouble because the enemy just run away.

It means im not getting many kills and therefore not many credits

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:29 pm

It's annoying when you kill the wimpy leader and end up getting a pathetic medal.
My webcomic:

Styro

Post by Styro » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:01 pm

I have mixed feelings on this one. Early on, I always pray that I can find and destroy the wing leader early to survive and complete some of the more difficult missions, especially ones where there are a few Warriors flying around.

Later on, however, it is a little disappointing to have all the enemies leave. I like to get more money, better medals, and more kills. I also like to try to maximize my kills-per-mission ratio. On some missions (like the attack fortified asteroid field) I regularly get a lot, but others I will only get one or two because all the rest of the ships flee.

Perhaps a good balance would be to have the game randomly select the leader from the top three ships in a wing. That would eliminate the non-sensical situation where the leader is in a 50 credit ship while all his wingmen are flying 250 credit ships, but it would also allow for the possibility that the leader is not the toughest ship to destroy. The early game is hard enough without adding even more problems.
If I may say so, life is a game, and there's so much to do and so few turns.
- Reiner Knizia

supercubedude

Post by supercubedude » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:11 am

I've never had that happen to me...

I guess it'd be disappionting if it happened after you bough the perfect ship for this mission and you were raring for a fight, But I suppose it could be if you say, used an anaconda and found yourself srrounded by dreadnoughts...
Don't worry! I can replace your intestines with this kitten!

McLauren

Post by McLauren » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:15 am

Ive had occasions where the wing leader was a just a normal drone! It was so stupid. Why put a blind, weak, expendable ship in command of a pack of good ships?

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:24 am

McLauren wrote:Ive had occasions where the wing leader was a just a normal drone! It was so stupid. Why put a blind, weak, expendable ship in command of a pack of good ships?
Good point! Anyone know the answer? :roll:
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:07 am

Because the pilot of the drone had one so long without promotion and so he was promoted, despite the fact he still flies a crappy ship...

PlecTron

Post by PlecTron » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:30 am

no, no, no. its nothing so complex. ill explain that in exactly 2 words: MILITARY INTELLIGENCE
WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "Critical System Errror"?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!